Ministry Of Magic i.d. Card.

Jericho

Heres my version of the Ministry of Magic id card as seen in the book Harry Potter Film Wizardry, Took me a while to get it right the only thing i wasnt 100% happy with was the font that i used for the rules part (above the signature of holder. I completly redid all of the text the only original part is the back ground. Let me know what you think

Jericho

View attachment 41684

The missing text i.e. your name etc i found to be similar to any Typewriter style font but in red as it is on the original. The finger printes were done in purple ink, there are 2 stamps needed but not managed to draw them yet.

Jericho

Thanks!!!!
I own the book but this prop is attached to it and for the moment I dont want to peel it off so... thanks!!!
By the way... do you have the reverse as well?hehehe ...

Thanks... only violet covers left...hehehe ...
And... the stamp over photography is quite difficult to get...Any idea wich one is it?
The stamp over fingerprints could be done through photoshop and the green one in the first page too... but the photo one is hard...I think.

Still looking for the violet cover? I have a pretty decent scan of an actual card that I have edited the glue line out of.

Oh by the way, in case you are wondering about the size of the ID, each panel is 3" wide x 4.5" high.

bfd

Thanks... only violet covers left...hehehe ...
And... the stamp over photography is quite difficult to get...Any idea wich one is it?
The stamp over fingerprints could be done through photoshop and the green one in the first page too... but the photo one is hard...I think.

How is this for the elusive photo stamp...

Should print out pretty close to the correct size for ID photo.

An alternative to printing the stamp separately over the already printed ID and glued-in photo is print the inverse stamp image onto clear acetate at Best print quality. You then place the ink side of the acetate over the photo and press...voila, instant authentic looking stamp.

bfd

Still looking for the violet cover? I have a pretty decent scan of an actual card that I have edited the glue line out of.

Oh by the way, in case you are wondering about the size of the ID, each panel is 3" wide x 4.5" high.

bfd

could we have a look at the scans by any chance?
thanks

il3ttq.jpg

The real ID card for Mafalda Hopkirk from the HP exhibition.

The real ID card for Mafalda Hopkirk from the HP exhibition.

What do you mean "real" card? The picture included in the Film Wizardry book is of the actress who played Mafalda in Deathly Hallows Pt 1. That makes the card and picture in the FW book pretty real.

The other thing to keep in mind is that there can be several versions of the same prop used for different purposes like on-screen or promotions, etc. For me the "real" prop is the one seen on-screen, the so-called "hero" prop. I don't think the ID card was ever seen on-screen so neither of these versions is the "real" one.

Oh, wait a minute, none of this is real, this is all fantasy...right??:lol

bfd

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back