H. P. Lovecraft

Totally slipped my mind! I also hit him daily - almost always good for a ... thingy every day.

Last edited:
Here's my Necronomicon, in a little tableaux I staged about five years ago as part of a photography class assignment. Shot on real black & white film! Ooo! Besides the covers & binding - all hand made from scratch, thanks to another art class - my "N" is rather crude. Just printed out pages of text pasted into the blank book.

-Mike J.

Here is the rest of my Necronomicon series. Why one should not tamper with dangerous things - or, "The Wages of Sin."

-MJ

Our first free paper prop!

This is the little cover detail on my Necronomicon. Inspired by someone else's "N" artwork.

Print out some and slap them on things! Then show the rest of us!

-Mike

Here's a nice accent piece: an engraving of Gutenburg, which I used for the fictional Olaus Wormius, a translator of the Necromonicon. As seen in my tableaux.

-MJ

Awesome stuff.
A while back, I found some small Cthulhu statues that are meant to be for a game.
They're too small for most things but I display them with my 1:6th figures.
P1070974.jpg

P1070973.jpg

For the casual traveller in Arabia, a pocket Arabic dictionary.

This is a small, cheap paperback.

My original is printed in black-on-red. You may print yours however you wish :)

Not entirely sure of it's age. Certainly old ... Your call as to if it's old enough.

Actual size at 300 DPI, but you may of course scale as you like.

This was also used in my tableaux.

-Mike J.

My humble paper prop workspace - a messy workspace is a happy workspace.

Also, for the eagle-eyed, a foreshadowing of the shape of things to come!

-Mike J.

The Haunter of the Dark & The Starry Wisdom Sect

Enough waiting! The stars are right! Never mind the bollocks, here's the free paper prop!

Attached is a membership card I designed for "the disliked and unorthodox Starry Wisdom sect." With a membership of over 180 people, I thought a dues paid / membership card was a reasonable idea for Professor Bowen to use to keep track. In the middle of 1877, Starry Wisdom was run out of town, so card is from the last year of it's existence. Perhaps left behind or burned by a fleeing cultist?

This card has blank spaces for you to add your name or your player character's name (or some NPC), the signature thereof & his member number. "Found among the papers of the late Edwin M. Lillibridge," perhaps. You could even wipe out the signature of Bowen & mark this as a printer's proof, if that seems more 'realistic.'

I designed this card by doodling & researching fraternal organization and union cards via Google and eBay. I suggest you print it on a heavy, off-white or lightly colored paper or light card stock. After weathering (if any) and filling out the name & number, simply fold along the center line, gluing both sides together. Press firmly. When dry, trim along the dotted lines. There are no hidden images or secret messages. This is a rather middle-of-the-road result, between my mad, grandest ambitions and the simplest possible design.

Enjoy!

-Mike J.

Mike, thats awesome! Please keep the Mythos stuff coming!

Here are some unsolicited ideas!
I'd love to put an Arkham, Dunwich or Miskatonic labelled hotel stickers/luggage labels on my Tommy guns viola case to capture that 1920's look. I guess they would look cool on a hunters kit to.

Paper ammunition boxes (45.cal of course) again with a Miskatonic river valley area name would look great in my tommy case too :) and has a general coolness factor.

I do Lovecraft props too but have only 1 paper prop.
Call of Cthulhu by vonmeer on deviantART

Thanks, Robert! You have some pretty awesome props there yourself.

I know the HPL Historical Society has some 'local' matchbook covers, including one from the Gilman House from The Shadow Over Innsmouth, that could be enlarged and cropped and used as a luggage label.

-Mike J.

Mike,

Thank you for the sample card you sent me, and for the link to my blog you posted here. It is some very nice work. I sent you a return thank you gift. You should be getting it in a day or two.

-Rev. Marx

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back