Generic paper props (not related to a specific movie/TV show)

Montagar

Legendary Member
Community Staff
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This thread is for "generic" paper props that are not part of any particular movie/TV show.

Please use specific descriptions for the items that you post so that the thread will be easy to search.

Oh I got one! I'm trying to find this paper. It's a membership card for a long gone retailer from the 70's and 80s. I'd love to re create. I don't know the exact measurements but I'm having trouble enough with just finding the right card type. A perforated printable membership card! Avery doesn't seem to have them. Any suggestions? I could buy a perforating tool and do the cuts myself... or....

20ji9sp.jpg

Generic paper props - (Research Animal Sticker)

Research Animal Sticker:

attachment.php

This sticker was designed for a shoot I did a few months back. Due to the way the shot was framed, the text would not be clearly legible, so I was able to have some fun with this one.

The "biten" typo is a known issue, and what you get when rushing to build props for a project that is filming the next day. You could easily fix that in photoshop if you care to.

See if you can find all the hidden jokes/references in this one. Most of the text is either a reference to another film or some kind of nerdy joke.

[ Full-res printable version is attached below ]
This content is released under a Creative Commons "Share Alike" license. You are free to copy, distribute, adapt and transmit the work, as long as the Attribution and Share Alike conditions of the CC license are met. If this paper prop is used in any production, please let me know.

Last edited:
Generic paper props - (C4 Explosives Wrapper)

C4 Explosives Wrapper:

attachment.php

This paper craft style C4 Explosives brick was designed for a shoot that took place a few months back. It was a quick solution to creating a large room-sized explosive device on a budget. The paper craft bricks provided 3-dimensional objects with very little weight, which allowed them to be taped to various surfaces, and stacked in large clusters. As far as the camera is concerned, they are solid objects.

The only down side is that cutting out and taping together 100 bricks took a full team a few hours of production time between shots during the shoot.

Assembly Instructions:

1. Cut along the solid outermost dark line. The brown paper texture extends beyond this line to allow for clean edges.
  2. Fold along the faded inner lines, toward the white (unprinted) side of the paper.
  3. Tape or glue the folded tabs together on the inside to form a brick.

This content is released under a Creative Commons "Share Alike" license. You are free to copy, distribute, adapt and transmit the work, as long as the Attribution and Share Alike conditions of the CC license are met. If this paper prop is used in any production, please let me know.

Last edited:
Generic paper props - (Live Creature Sign)

Live Creature Sign:

attachment.php

This sign was designed roughly off the "Live Raptor" sign from "Jurassic Park."

Typically I do not include metal or directional light ques (shadows and highlights) into my printed props, but this was designed to be a background element. The intention was to laminate the sign and affix actual metal rivet heads over the corner rivets seen in the picture above.

Generic paper props - (Evidence Labels)

Evidence Labels:

attachment.php

These evidence labels were designed for a shoot that took place a few months ago. They were digitally weathered as a single sheet, so no two labels have the same weathering patterns, yet all appear to come from the same environment and be roughly the same age.

This design is based off photos of real evidence labels.

I have removed the text that occupied all of the form fields, but suggest using a dark blue colored cursive handwriting font. Blue text provides color contrast and helps the writing stand out. Additionally, it makes the label appear more natural. Place copies of the text on multiple layers in Photoshop with blend modes of "overlay" and "multiply", then adjust each layer's opacity until the text appears to be hand-written and weathered.

Optionally you can hand write out each field after printing, but because I was doing production design for an entire room full of evidence I just printed the same info on each label.

Generic paper props - (Evidence Tags)

Evidence Tags:

attachment.php

These evidence tags were designed for a shoot that took place a few months ago. They were digitally weathered as a single sheet, so no two tags have the same weathering patterns, yet all appear to come from the same environment and be roughly the same age.

This design is based off photos of real evidence tags.

I have removed the text that occupied all of the form fields, but suggest using a dark blue colored cursive handwriting font. Blue text provides color contrast and helps the writing stand out. Additionally, it makes the label appear more natural. Place copies of the text on multiple layers in Photoshop with blend modes of "overlay" and "multiply", then adjust each layer's opacity until the text appears to be hand-written and weathered.

Optionally you can hand write out each field after printing, but because I was doing production design for an entire room full of evidence I just printed the same info on each tag.

These tags are a two sided design, so a detailed side is always facing the camera in the event that they get flipped over on set.

Just trim off the dark border around each tag, (which was added to provide a cutting line without impacting the design in the event that they are not accurately cut) and fold along the horizontal line. Next, use a hole punch on the grommet portion of the print, so a string can be attached.

Generic paper props (IV Blood Bag Labels)

IV Blood Bag Labels: (500mL)

attachment.php

This IV Blood Bag Label was designed for a shoot that took place a couple weeks ago, and is ready to be printed out, trimmed, and glued to the IV bag of your choice!

Generic paper props - (IV Bag Morphine Labels)

IV Bag Morphine Labels: (500mL & 1000mL)

attachment.php

500mL IV Bag Label

attachment.php

1000mL IV Bag Label

These IV Bag Labels were designed for a shoot that took place a couple weeks ago, and are ready to be printed out, trimmed, and glued to the IV bag of your choice!

Generic paper props - (Medical ID Badge)

Medical ID Badge:

attachment.php

These medical ID badges are designed roughly after those from the TV Series LOST (as a bit of an homage) Several other TV shows have also used the hospital name "St. Sebastian" over the years.

Two designs were made, one with a space for the actor photo, and one without. This was for safety, in the event of a last minute casting change.

They are designed to have the top and bottom flaps folded up under the printed center section, so the final badge is 3 layers thick. Just trim around the outermost line and slice down the vertical line in the center to divide the two badges.

Generic paper props - (Prescription Pill Bottle Label: Haldol)

Prescription Pill Bottle Label: (Haldol)

attachment.php

This prescription pill bottle label was designed for a shoot that took place a couple weeks ago. It is designed to be wrapped around an orange pill/tablet bottle.

The medication in question is an anti-psychotic, and the dosage suggested on the label is rather high. (I do a lot of research when designing props, to avoid glaring errors) Though I do frequently change information from time to time... Often for comedic effect, as an homage to another production, or to help ID the prop in the event that it is leaked. This particular anti-psychotic was selected as an homage to the TV series "House" (which recently had a character consuming the Haldol trade name of the drug Haloperidol)

The high dosage was selected due to the intensely psychotic nature of the character for whom the drugs were prescribed.

For the C4 bricks, I printed them on 11"x17" paper. They were designed to get the largest possible brick out of the 11x17 print format.

I'd love to see how your explosive prop turns out!

Here is the detonator prop I built for our explosive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75JIm4QFix4