Back to the Future

Wow, looks very professional. Do you have machines for such works? And do you want to make a dust jacket too?

It looks good because of your hardwork mate :)

Luckily enough we have a very old perfect binding machine.. It took me a while to figure out how to use it..but hey after 3 tries i managed to produced a decent one. I will try to make a better one maybe this weekend.
Dust jacket would be great.. I do not have the file though :)

Thanks again for your great take on this one

The "Finetti Sticks" can:

attachment.php

My can replica:

attachment.php

I`ve just come back from Kaufland and bought two cans of Finetti Sticks, I`m excited :cool
Thank you!

You can use the same file as for the book cover, but don't cut off the left and right side of the paper sheet - those are the white flaps of the dust cover. :)

Why didnt i think of that :)

Will do that on monday and will post pics again...
Btw, the. 2 not so good one is already gone.

Roland i have been getting a lot of PMs regarding the Almanac that i have bound using yoir files.
I just want to ask your permission if its okay for me to do it.

Roland i have been getting a lot of PMs regarding the Almanac that i have bound using yoir files.
I just want to ask your permission if its okay for me to do it.

If it's only a few of them, it's no problem. Do it! :)

But I don't want to ruin Markpoon's sale of his second almanac version, which will be released in the next time. It's currently being printed. He used my files too, plus his better sportsmen artwork on the front page and the silver reflective background from his first version. This will be the most accurate replica of the almanac available. :)

If it's only a few of them, it's no problem. Do it! :)

But I don't want to ruin Markpoon's sale of his second almanac version, which will be released in the next time. It's currently being printed. He used my files too, plus his better sportsmen artwork on the front page and the silver reflective background from his first version. This will be the most accurate replica of the almanac available. :)

In that case i also want matkpoon's permission before i make one. Eventhough im not making an accurate replica.
Thanks again roland.

Hi guys. I'm kind of new here and I just wanted to say thank you so much for making these fantastic props available to people like me with lesser skills with graphics. It's so kind of you, especially since it's making your work open to people who are willing to back stab and sell your artwork on.
I'm cosplaying as Marty next Friday and these paper props will really add an extra flare to the outfit, and afterwards a fine addition to my BTTF collection so I honestly can't thank you enough.

here you go guys.. using Roland's Files.
measuring 22omm x 150mm
Cover Printed on 210gsm GLoss Stock
Dust jacket Printed on 140gsm Gloss stock
Text on 90gsm plain paper.

Roland already gave me permission to print a few because of all the PM's I have been getting last week.
Please note: Markpoon's second run of Grays Almanac is MORE accurate than this ones.. just want to make that clear.
If anyone is interested I will create an Interest thread at JY. I will also ask Markpoon if I can do a run. I can complete 20 books by end of this week

here are the pictures
Sydney-20121022-00590_zps0e807642.jpg

Sydney-20121022-00591_zpse6ae526b.jpg

Sydney-20121022-00592_zps99011e9a.jpg

Sydney-20121022-00593_zpsc25c461c.jpg

I don't think it's a problem to do a run yourself if Roland is OK with that. It's not because markpoon has a thread with the same prop, that you should ask his permission to offer your own version (or Rolands). There are lots of other props where people offer different versions (for instance the inception totems, batman cowls, iron man helmets, etc... many different versions can be found here on the RPF. So why shouldn't this be possible with the Almanac).

To be clear: I have markpoons version of the almanac and it's absolutely great! I'd be surprised if somebody can make an even better version, but hey... why don't give it a try?

I noticed something about Mark Poon's original Alamanc, it's always stood out to me... it could be my lighting but the silver ink seems a bit too light compared to the screen used one. :confused

I don't think it's a problem to do a run yourself if Roland is OK with that. It's not because markpoon has a thread with the same prop, that you should ask his permission to offer your own version (or Rolands). There are lots of other props where people offer different versions (for instance the inception totems, batman cowls, iron man helmets, etc... many different versions can be found here on the RPF. So why shouldn't this be possible with the Almanac).

To be clear: I have markpoons version of the almanac and it's absolutely great! I'd be surprised if somebody can make an even better version, but hey... why don't give it a try?

Hi Tom, Did you read my post #1366? Markpoon had my help for his second version and I think this version will be more accurate than the first one.

awesome! What kind of printer do you use? For the receipt. I want to print some 8x10 photos but they have lines on the when I do.

Last edited:
awesome! What kind of printer do you use? For the receipt. I want to print some 8x10 photos but they have lines on the when I do.

To be screen accurate, it should be printed onto clear plastic. The graphics are printed with silver ink.

For mine I used 3M CG6000 Multipurpose Transparency Film. I printed the blue on the inkjet side with an Epson printer using the best quality settings possible to avoid lines and printed the graphics black on the laser side. I then ran it through a laminator with toner foil on the laser side to get the correct silver color.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back