Back to the Future

other members can also enjoy!, why criticize subjects that I post!

I think people just take issue with you asking people to fix art and make art, yet you don't contribute in return.

Saying you are contributing by making chips available would be great...
But if you created the chips from scratch, or maybe rebuilt hi-res artwork of screen used chips. (not sure if those are film used or not). But saying you are contributing by taking images off the net, and then asking other members to fix them..... That is not a contribution. Do you see the difference?

Removing such watermarks is quite easy for me. In this case it would be a time expenditure of ten minutes or less. But I'm not willing to do that! For me it makes a big difference whether a watermark is placed by any other than the original artist himself or it's placed by the artist to protect his own work. Example: If someone place a watermark on a photograph made by another one, I have no moral concerns to remove that watermark. Is that watermark placed by the photographer himself, I have the highest respect for it and I would never touch that watermark.

I think people just take issue with you asking people to fix art and make art, yet you don't contribute in return.

That's exactly what I mean. I see more posts from him asking people to make this, more than sharing something. Now he's asking to remove a water mark from someone else's artwork, which is really just rude because the artist put that there for a reason.

That's exactly what I mean. I see more posts from him asking people to make this, more than sharing something. Now he's asking to remove a water mark from someone else's artwork, which is really just rude because the artist put that there for a reason.

Merlin1974 asked me before to do that via Facebook, but I'm working with CorelDraw and I can't do that.

Dietrich

Yep... What is really funny is the fact that he's honored by french newspapers for printing others work... :lol

As far as I know, he told me once, that he scans every new prop, he gets and put it to his digital collection, no idea why... All these signs from the trilogy, posters, buttons or decoration is cool, but not worth the work, because no-one will recognize the stuff...

Merlin is also in our german BTTF board, he asked to trade some stuff. I shared some free files, but he asks for a scan of Pitbulls Cafe80s Menu Card... Just told him, I can't and won't do that...

Got a PDF file of the Tales from Space Magazine from him, no idea if theres a free file floating around or if its scanned from Jedifyve's Magazine...

Yep... What is really funny is the fact that he's honored by french newspapers for printing others work... :lol ...

I don't know, but maybe in France it's unusual to respect other people's art work?! Perhaps this explains his wondering about our criticism.

Last edited:
All these signs from the trilogy, posters, buttons or decoration is cool, but not worth the work, because no-one will recognize the stuff...

I've seen the trilogy more times than I can remember, and I probably wouldn't recognize a lot those signs because they're so far in the background that no one will really see it. It's mostly the key props like the Clock Tower Flyer that people will actually recognize. Hell, one of my college professors recognized the Clock Tower flyer when I had one printed up to test it.

you are not better than me, then stop criticizing thank you!

No one is saying that, they just don't like the fact that you're asking more than giving, and this time you're asking them to remove watermarks from someone else's work. The fact that you ask people to scan stuff that they have bought from other members can be equally up to that same kind of criticism.

you are not better than me, then stop criticizing thank you!

No one is saying they are better than you. We are all here to share and have fun :)

You just seem to be asking and asking for favors... That is wearing on a few people. You have even contacted me through Instant Message on AOL and hounded me for work, paper props and to "fix" items for you to use. You have done it on more than one occassion... While I am at work, :lol. That type of aggressiveness is okay if you are returning favors as well. The more you ask and keep asking without throwing the forum a few returns, the more you risk ticking people off.

So don't think people are saying they are better than you, just take the constructive criticism and adapt to give as well as take :)

... You have even contacted me through Instant Message on AOL and hounded me for work, paper props and to "fix" items for you to use. You have done it on more than one occassion... While I am at work, :lol. That type of aggressiveness is okay if you are returning favors as well. ...

And I thought, I was the only one, he has contacted in this way! :lol:lol

... The more you ask and keep asking without throwing the forum a few returns, the more you risk ticking people off. ...

I think, I've understood his kind of "sharing" and "returning": He asks someone to do something for him, this someone do it and put it into the forum after the completion, so each member can download it. :D

I think, I've understood his kind of "sharing" and "returning": He asks someone to do something for him, this someone do it and put it into the forum after the completion, so each member can download it. :D

No, I have a feeling he contacts people all the time in that manner :lol
I made the mistake of helping him out and doing the fixes for a while since I have the means and ability to knock it out :lol
But after a couple times, I had to start putting my foot down :)

Wow, he did this to more users than just me? He is contacting me via Facebook and sending me PMs with the same questions ...

Dietrich

My chip design:

tannenchipsb.jpg

Last edited:

LOL Not exactly his contribution than if he's just posting something that some else reedited, which in turn, was originally someone else's to begin with. Ok, my head just hurt thinking about that sentence.

Wow, he did this to more users than just me? He is contacting me via Facebook and sending me PMs with the same questions ...

Dietrich

He contacted everyone, who looks like a BTTf collector with paper props... He contacted me via ZIDZ.com, via yourprops.com, via ebay and via RPF... Thank God, Im not on facebook or twitter...

He contacted everyone, who looks like a BTTf collector with paper props... He contacted me via ZIDZ.com, via yourprops.com, via ebay and via RPF... Thank God, Im not on facebook or twitter...

Via Facebook I wrote him the RPF is a forum of giving and taking or uploading and downloading. Maybe he thinks that this is a supermarket for designers, who just wait for his requests.

Dietrich

He seems to have dissappeared :lol

Perhaps he has realized we are standing our ground from here on out and that he will no longer just get stuff for free.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back