Back to the Future

Just wait one week or two, then you will get my flyer version*. PNG and PDF and in different paper sizes. Of course the flyer will keep his original US Letter size, but I'll made an A3-version for people outside the US, where they can cut out the flyer, because print out on A4 is too small.

All my own paper replicas I'll make will be downloadable from my own webserver.

*) "I wish I had more time." :D

What's the best quality family picture available - both for free and for purchase?

The only complete one I've ever found is this:
View attachment 75991

Otherwise, there is the higher res version from the past auction, but Dave and Linda are transparent:
View attachment 56673

I want to make a new one, but don't know if somebody else already has.

For free: I just have the same as you, 2 pics, one with all 3, dave and linda transparent, and one where dave is missing...

some old pics in very low res (bad!).

For purchase: I would suggest Kurtyboy, he made a complete set and it looks nice... Not as sharp as it could be, but still great props...

Thanks for everything your doing Roland.The more accuracy the more I get closer to the film :cool.GREAT WORK so far can't wait to see the finished clock tower flyer posted and of course other paper props your doing.
I'm working on it too, guys. :)

Here's the PDF of the flyer. I have made a few additional changes and corrections. I think it's as good as it's going to get at this point. :cool

Thanks for the new upload, Brad! Now the phonepages are large enough to make hi-res black and white (no grayscaled) images for a better printout. I reworked your files: deleted the black margins, resized and cropped the pages to fit exactly an US-Letter page and inserted them into a PDF.

The result you can see below (both pages are in the same PDF).

That was the easier part. The more difficult part will be to find a blank US-Letter sized phonebook page. And the question is: Will this paper survive my laserprinter? :lol

Just bigger. Why don't you look at the image to find out instead of asking? lol

Because al the stuff looks the same to me. If someone ell me that the pages are a new more acurate version, fine. I would believe him...

I dont compare all paper props with each other, you know?!?

Thanks for the new upload, Brad! Now the phonepages are large enough to make hi-res black and white (no grayscaled) images for a better printout. I reworked your files: deleted the black margins, resized and cropped the pages to fit exactly an US-Letter page and inserted them into a PDF.

The result you can see below (both pages are in the same PDF).

That was the easier part. The more difficult part will be to find a blank US-Letter sized phonebook page. And the question is: Will this paper survive my laserprinter? :lol

The paper will work in a laser printer but it may take a few tries to get it to print correctly.

Just in regards to the phonebook page prop and how you can clearly tell what sections been added in the wrong font and style (and also above the first phone number you can even see the original number where it hasn't been covered properly). Does it bug anybody else?

I had a bit of a play around to blend in the newer section better. What do you think?
View attachment 76335 View attachment 76336

I've resized and streched/squashed the text where necassary so its all original. Nothing is re-typed.

The main question is, is fixing a mistake from the original prop a good or bad thing?
Is it any less original?
Just interested to see what everyones opinion is.

I just noticed the name "Hoffarth" in the modified section of the phone book page, which confirms that like the newspapers and almanacs, these were also made by the Earl Hays Press. I think they were responsible for almost all of the paper props, except the USA Todays, which were actually printed by USA Today.

"Hoffarth" is Tom Hoffarth, who is a sales rep for EHP. His name can be found in the Grays Sports Almanac and also in one of the 1885 newspapers.

b5b91f1e.png

Last edited:
... The main question is, is fixing a mistake from the original prop a good or bad thing?
Is it any less original?
Just interested to see what everyones opinion is.

I would prefer a fixed original prop (also in the movie). But that's of course impossible. ;) So my opinion is: Leave it as it is! We have to live with it, if we want to be screen accurate.

However, it was a good idea! :)

That was the easier part. The more difficult part will be to find a blank US-Letter sized phonebook page. And the question is: Will this paper survive my laserprinter?

Not hard at all. Just buy "SMOOTH NEWSPRINT" paper, cut it down to size and print. Done. :thumbsup

Not hard at all. Just buy "SMOOTH NEWSPRINT" paper, cut it down to size and print. Done. :thumbsup

Thanks for the tip! Do you use newsprint paper in phonebooks in the USA? If I touch a newspaper with my fingers, I have a different feeling than on touching phonebook paper.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back