Back to the Future

hello, if someone just give me a hand for props that I want for my collection this will be really nice
thank you very much to members of the forum

A bit of a simple one but an important one: the back of the clock tower flyer.
View attachment 75737

I started fresh with a screen grab and cleaned it up so it actually looks like pen - the only other one I've seen on page 1 of this thread was quite chunky.

Then I was trying to figure out where to position it on the back when I noticed you can see through to the other side of the flyer on the close up (just barely - I had to play with the colours before I could make out the word "BY" in "CLOCK TOWER STRUCK BY LIGHTNING")
A simple overlay into the correct position and voila.

So long story short, here's Jennifers phone number ready to print on an 8.5 x 11 sheet.

Last edited:
@Thrillhouse

Good job! :)

If you play with the brightness and the contrast of the screen grab, you can make out anymore of the phrase. Look at the right side: You can read clearly the word "clock".

attachment.php

Last edited:
@Thrillhouse

Good job! :)

If you play with the brightness and the contrast of the screen grab, you can make out anymore of the phrase. Look at the right side: You can read clearly the word "clock".

Roland,
That's exactly what I did.
In fact, your colour correction was better than mine so I've altered the size and position slightly. The above post is updated with the more accurate version. - Thanks Roland

Now onto my next project - using the pics from the auction website mentioned on the BTTF 3 thread, so far, I've put together this:
View attachment 75738

I need help with 2 things:
Can somebody provide me with a screen grab of the back of the book from the BluRay? I'm only working from my DVD here. There's a quick frame or two when Lorraine picks up the book and most of the back is seen.

Also, what are the correct measurements of the book? According to the auction website "The book underneath is The Oxford Companion to English Literature, Fifth Edition"
I've found on eBay the 3rd and 4th edition but unsure whether they are the same size.

... I need help with 2 things:
Can somebody provide me with a screen grab of the back of the book from the BluRay? I'm only working from my DVD here. There's a quick frame or two when Lorraine picks up the book and most of the back is seen.

Also, what are the correct measurements of the book? According to the auction website "The book underneath is The Oxford Companion to English Literature, Fifth Edition"
I've found on eBay the 3rd and 4th edition but unsure whether they are the same size.

Look here: http://www.therpf.com/f9/bttf-match-made-space-cover-got-look-new-cover-post-8-a-132967/ ;)

When I compare the different editions of this book, I always read the dimensions are 22.9 x 16.5 x 6.1 cm. Had you tried searching on Amazon to find the 5th edition?

Last edited:
I didn't realise there were guys already working on the book in another thread. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait and see what the results are.

In the mean time I've attempted another prop I'm pretty sure nobody else has worked on (I think):
View attachment 75747 View attachment 75748

The shape of the arms was taken from a combination of tracing what I could see through the eyeholes and enlarging some screen grabs. (The colour/texture of the arms was built by me)

From there I outlined it to create a plain white version.

Print and stick back to back, or print the front only on cardstock.
Cut out the eyeholes and replace with cellophane, or if you don't have any, leave it as is. Also, an extra 3D sticker to stick on.

BTW:

Because I think I can't get a nice Fantastic Story Magazine... anyone know from what kind of paper it is made of?

I thought about to get another no. of the Fantastic Story Mag and just use the two pages of the cover to wrap it around. Some kind of comic paper, glossy, or just normal paper...

Anyone able to print it?

@ DB537
I printed out your flyer and it looks awesome. That pic you got from Roland works perfectly.

To anyone waiting for the PDF to print out, I recommend printing the .png file from a few posts back. The slightly lower quality gives the text a "photocopied newspaper" look (like I mentioned to DB in the other thread)

Personaly, I think that any clearer on the text and it just wouldn't look realastic - but thats just me.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back