Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

:lol caught me. I don't watch much television, mostly movies.

I think you may have a new fanbase after your last comment MJF. You minimum of 100 may not be enough if you span to fj.com. Some may want more than one. If you are a fan of the First Class coin Markpoon has done, he took lots of initial orders before the coin was made, and is still receiving steady orders after 3 months from conception. So you have as much if not a better chance at this than you think, as this dog tag is highly recognizable. If you do decide on a run, I would love to have at least two. ;)

As for the metal, nickel would be my choice, but there may be a less expensive alternative out there. I'm not familiar with prop casting in metals.

You up for the challenge?

Last edited:
I actually already sent an email to my rep who does my pin work to see what other choices of casting metal they have. If they come back with an answer that allows me to move forward, I can start working on the design.

Color me interested as well.
When I bought my officially licensed X-Men 1 jacket the tag it came with looks like the ebay one, same size and font style....

BATs, tempting but the X2 belt I got from him was a 32 and the tail of the belt held out so far when I actually put it on that I had to cut some of the belt off. That would do me no good with an X1 at that length :/

BATs, tempting but the X2 belt I got from him was a 32 and the tail of the belt held out so far when I actually put it on that I had to cut some of the belt off. That would do me no good with an X1 at that length :/

I'm not sure it would. I usually wear 29 or 30 size pants and this belt is a bit small on me. Double check my measurements against one of your belts, I think you'd have to have a pretty darn small waist for this belt to be too long.

Not positive but I think this is a size 30, if it is by Magnoli.

Last edited:
Only difference is I dont want to have quite as much slack coming past the buckle as on yours to match more of what is on screen. Its pretty close though...

4812330281_9220f8cf2f.jpg

X1screengrab2.png

X1screengrab1.png

I think just like an inch or so shorter.

:lol You can actually hear his fist connect with Ziggler's jaw. The wrestler mentioned he received a hairline fracture, so it's for real...steel. wa-wa-waaa.

It looks like the claws have come out on this forum but it's not always a bad thing, keeps us on the straight and narrow, from wandering to far from the tracks. If everyone agreed then we would definitely know something was wrong.
Patterson is quick on the trigger, perhaps a little too quick, but he's a straight shooter and has done more than most people know for the hobby of prop replication, and I would hate to see him, or anyone else leave this forum because of a case of not seeing eye to eye.

Besides, I was really looking forward to those pictures of that Vanson Horsehide X1.:thumbsup

Read threads on Fortune and Glory and you'll get a clearer picture without COW protection.

Besides the image of the tags in the snow, does anyone have other really good images of the screen used canadian style tags.

I've started doing some artwork while I wait to hear back from my rep. Without any other info, i am making the assumption that the at is the same size and shape of a standard issue tag except thicker.

If anyone knows actual facts about the tag, let me know.

Besides the image of the tags in the snow, does anyone have other really good images of the screen used canadian style tags.

I've started doing some artwork while I wait to hear back from my rep. Without any other info, i am making the assumption that the at is the same size and shape of a standard issue tag except thicker.

If anyone knows actual facts about the tag, let me know.

Not that the link has any more details about the tags, but this is where I sourced the image for it, along with the screen worn jacket:

Popcons :: Tom Desanto Meet and Greet - SDCC 2010

Supposedly that first/top image is a screen used or molded from a screen used tag, which was in conjunction with one of the screen used hero jackets as well.

You don't have to wait here, you can go to the FJ.com forums and see a couple of those HH X1 jackets. By far the best one is owned by the member Cole and he's owned it over 10 years now.
Well worn to say the least. ;)

I found that thread and that is a nice jacket, the color of the horsehide is really appealing. I believe I would have gone with the amber tan stripes though, but even with the red it looks great.

I found that thread and that is a nice jacket, the color of the horsehide is really appealing. I believe I would have gone with the amber tan stripes though, but even with the red it looks great.

The red stripes is what the original design was going to look like for the X1 jacket

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back