Witch King Helmet Build

RGREYLING

SO err.. first time posting anything here.
Decided I wanted a Witch King Helmet so I built one.
Kinda just eye balled it from pics on-line and some youtube vids so I'm sure I got loads of stuff wrong but I am fairly pleased with the result.
This took a week's worth of lazy afternoons and a busy weekend of hurrying-the-hell-up.
For those that are interested, I used 3mm PVC sheets, super glue, 2 part epoxy, self cast resin spikes, and Humbrol model filler(stupid and expensive,lesson learned). The paint was acrylic spray paint and regular black acrylic for the weathering.
Some additional weathering may take place later.
Here are the WIP pics in order.
01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg07.jpg06.jpg08.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

and some more pics09.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg15.jpg16.jpg17.jpg

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 127
Thanks! Yeah, It threw me a bit too. I initially made it about 20cm shorter, then I did some measuring on a profile pic from the scene just before he dies, did some ratio/math stuff and made adjustments. I'm not saying its exact but its as close as I could get it. That spike is ridiculously long.

Superb! Beautiful!

Interested to hear how you made the spikes. They look excellent and I'd be keen to see your system, if you're OK with sharing it.

Thanks guys, glad you like it! Well I recently got told by a friend that his wedding is LOTR themed and that I should wear the helmet, so I guess I'll be making the whole thing, though I'm not sure what materials I'll be using. As for the spikes, I made and original from sculpey that was quite smooth, made a simple rubber mould then cast the spikes. I had to rough them up when I found a better image of them, and for that I used a fordom hanging motor, but a dremel would do the same thing.
here is the original and a sloppy but functional mould.
10320355_10152588414117148_5252968283942021066_n.jpg

hehe, Well I think I covered the whole process, but if there is anything specific you wanted to know let me know. These photos are a bit rubbish so I'll post some better ones when I take them! :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back