Winter Soldier help.....

I would recommend either get a dye-sub print of the arm and have it sewn to an undershirt or get silver spandex, have it airbrushed and sewn into an undershirt.

Wes

I would recommend either get a dye-sub print of the arm and have it sewn to an undershirt or get silver spandex, have it airbrushed and sewn into an undershirt.

Wes

That's a great idea. In addition you could bulk up the arm with padding underneath the spandex.

try buying silver and base liquid body latex here: Vist liquidlatexonline.com for safe metallic liquid latex body paint and use the tutorial on making a latex body suit from lycra and liquid latex here: Lavendars Latex Lair Latex clothes and accessories look under the info on liquid latex tab

just make yourself a lycra glove all the way up to your shoulder and follow those instructions, and all you have to figure out is a way to make the lines on the arm. i'd probably do it by using painters tape and layering. you can do this for virtually any marvel character with a mech arm. Cable, Winter Soldier, Colossus, etc...

EDIT: on a thought, i'd say it'd be easier to make a mold of your entire arm and use the lycra and latex on that instead so that you can do it yourself, not have to hold your arm out for hours, and more easily add the lines

Last edited:
Why not just take an Iron man arm and make it a winter soldier arm, I am sure with a little tweeking it would look pretty cool.

i was actually thinking bout doing a foam latex pull of my arm and having all the lines and metal parts sculpted in then just paint and slip on lol

I'm planning on putting a costume together as well. Here are the best shots I've found of the arm.

Guns.PNG

ShoulderDetail2.PNG

Last edited:
Just joined this site to post in this thread. I'm a die hard winter soldier fan. Since the movie trailer came out I decided to put together a costume too. Here's the arm I bought. It's the comic style arm. A movie arm will be bought soon too

Just joined this site to post in this thread. I'm a die hard winter soldier fan. Since the movie trailer came out I decided to put together a costume too. Here's the arm I bought. It's the comic style arm. A movie arm will be bought soon too
[url]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh293/steve8687/Mobile%20Uploads/image-1.jpg[/URL]

my friend wants me to do a winter soldier since i have the hair and build, i have a lot of the tactical crap already... how did you get this arm!!!

Something I discovered while researching different ways to build a WS arm is that the elbow joint in the film is computer animated! I found some set pics where the orange guide dots were on the forearm and upper arm edges near the elbow joint. made me feel better about puzzling over the best way to do the elbow joint.

My plan so far is to get a duct tape dummy of my arm and shoulder (probably my whole torso to make it easier to prop up on a stand). Either build up shapes using chair foam and coat it with something solid in places to get the required rigidity and flexibility, or just sculpt the darn thing and cast it in fiberglass and rubber. Haven't decided yet, personally. Let us know what you decide to do!

I would suggest making it like an armour piece, with concentric bands attached to each other, made of either worbla or abs.

use Pep file for iron man, I'd epoxy it inside and out, use paper mache to add details, spray plastic it, then paint it. I wanted one too.. but been working on two projects for myself not counting helping the kids. Going to Comicon in April and need to get my costume done!!
Good luck! let us know and see what you chose!

I think I'm going to use metallic spandex underneath, then use Worbla or another thermoplastic to create a foundation. That way I can get the intricate metal pattern formed and shaded a bit. Does that make sense?

- - - Updated - - -

That's exactly how I'm going to do it!

- - - Updated - - -

I would suggest making it like an armour piece, with concentric bands attached to each other, made of either worbla or abs.

I like your idea!

This is how mine turned out. It attaches with a strap across the chest.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395502126.485848.jpg

The fingers are just metallic spandex sewn into fingers under the glove.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395502218.208007.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back