Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Schaumburg, IL
    Mar 24, 2012, 6:47 PM - Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread #151

Nice work man!!!! I'm Planning to do my war machine later in the summer, how you attached your shoulder machine gun to the back?
    Mar 24, 2012, 7:31 PM - Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread #152

Would you be able to post some pics frm the back, suit looks too good for just one pic!!!
  3. Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Mar 24, 2012, 9:35 PM - #153

propnoob74 said: View Post
    Nice work man!!!! I'm Planning to do my war machine later in the summer, how you attached your shoulder machine gun to the back?
    Thanks! nice can't wait to that. I just glues a bunch of foam and used 4 wood screws haha I'll post pics of how its mounted.
  4. Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Mar 24, 2012, 9:36 PM - #154

jtirado said: View Post
    Would you be able to post some pics frm the back, suit looks too good for just one pic!!!
    I'll take more pics of the back.
  5. Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Mar 25, 2012, 2:36 AM - Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread #155

quick pics of the back and how the gun is mounted

6. Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Mar 26, 2012, 10:56 PM - Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread #156

hi guys im really new to pepping and want to start with this war machine set using foam
    ive been reading all of this forum to get ideas.
    any usefull tips for a beginner (specifically the war machine costume)
    im 6 foot 5 inches and about 320 pounds so i have to get the scaling just right and find enough foam for such a big costume lol.

thanks in advance for any tips.
  7. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    From
    California
    Mar 27, 2012, 6:05 PM - Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread #157

jean, if you see my posts count, I'm pretty new too. I assume you have some files, so I'd start with a small piece, like the WM shoulder, print it out on cardstock, or even regular paper, and just get a feel for how the pieces are suppose to fit together. Also, browse through the Pep menus, for scaling, learn how to move the unfolded pieces, etc... If you're using foam, you should remove the flaps. If you have the basics down, go to the first post in this thread as Stealth has provided some excellent videos to guide us on how we can use pepakura for foam. Best of luck!
  8. Member Since
    Apr 2012
    From
    earth
    Apr 14, 2012, 1:56 PM - Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread #158

Could I still use the foam templates for regular pepakura cause foam is just so expensive especially when you don't have a job k thx all
  9. pew pew RPF Premium Member Kevin Gossett's Avatar
    From
    North Texas
    Apr 14, 2012, 3:23 PM - Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread #159

If you're not using foam, then use the regular pep files (not adapted for foam). The foam templates have the tabs and other contour lines removed because they aren't needed with foam. With regular cardstock/paper you need those in place
  10. Member Since
    Apr 2012
    From
    earth
    Apr 14, 2012, 4:15 PM - Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread #160

OK
    Were could I find regular pep files I can't find any for the war machine or mark 1
  11. Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Apr 26, 2012, 1:21 PM - Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread #161

Have got all your files for this specific project an I'm busy with my foam project but seems some things missing like elbows and some details for shoulders
    I can make these myself using the team up pep files but just wanted to point it out
    Thanks for the files guys
    Stealth your tutorials rock!
    I been looking at good wm costume builds online and just doesn't feel like I would have the skill to pull it off due to some shabby cuts and edges in my foam and also the foam pieces don't tend to stay round and instead try to flatten themselves out leaving my helmet funny looking
    Then I noticed on these good looking builds online(even let's wm) if you zoom in on the pics they all look like mine so that gives me hope.
  12. Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Apr 26, 2012, 8:14 PM - Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread #162

Sorry found files for iron man elbow posted by jose on previous page
    Thanks again for the file guys
    From
    Northern Minnesota
    May 3, 2012, 3:01 AM - Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread #163

I have a really, really dumb question.

Could these "foam" templates be used with, say, plastic storage tubs instead?
    I realize you'd need to add internal supports (and possibly a metric ton of pop rivits)
    to pull it off.

Anyone done this method?

Thanks,

Russ
  14. Member Since
    Apr 2012
    From
    Hollywood , Ca
    May 3, 2012, 3:31 AM - Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread #164

I definately owe you guys big times
  15. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    From
    California
    May 3, 2012, 2:11 PM - Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread #165

Rook 3 said: View Post
    I have a really, really dumb question.

Could these "foam" templates be used with, say, plastic storage tubs instead?
    I realize you'd need to add internal supports (and possibly a metric ton of pop rivits)
    to pull it off.

Anyone done this method?

Thanks,

Russ
    While I have not used plastic tubs, I want to point out that when using foam, a lot of the edges are removed. And that works because you can simply offset the foam to provide depth where needed. I don't know how thick the plastic you are using will be, but you might need to add some of the edges back in.
  16. Member Since
    May 2012
    May 28, 2012, 12:51 PM - Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread #166

spank you very muchly
    From
    Fresno, Ca
    May 28, 2012, 4:41 PM - Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread #167

Joshturismo said: View Post
    quick pics of the back and how the gun is mounted

Hey Joshturismo. Sweet looking WM. Im pretty sure the mounted gun adds some weight to the back. So my question is, have you had any discomfort in the kneck area do to the added weight?
  18. Member Since
    Mar 2012
    May 30, 2012, 6:47 AM - #168

SemperBourne said: View Post
    Hey Joshturismo. Sweet looking WM. Im pretty sure the mounted gun adds some weight to the back. So my question is, have you had any discomfort in the kneck area do to the added weight?
    Thanks! Sorry for the late reply. I did at first then i just added more foam from the inside (added foam to where it meets my shoulders) to push the whole upper body forward. Haha i hope I explained it well.
    From
    Denmark
    Jun 11, 2012, 3:53 PM - Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread #169

if anyones interested i tried cleaning this awesome pep file for Foam building
    im going to make the "bottom" gun in freehand but i kept some of it so i dont have to scale it myself,
    credits to where i found it(no author) WAR MACHINE HIGH-DEF Pepakura files TEAM-UP second try

the place to download it = wm forearm FOAM edit by hammer.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - mads hougaard

what it looks like
    Jul 7, 2012, 12:35 AM - Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread #170

Awesome~!
  21. Member Since
    Aug 2010
    From
    Ireland
    Jul 17, 2012, 3:29 AM - Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread #171

This is an awesome threat, thanks so much for posting, im gonna start with the head and neck and if it works out i'll do the whole thing
  22. Member Since
    Aug 2012
    Aug 27, 2012, 11:28 PM - Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread #172

hey guys im kinda new to the whole costume building scene and i was wondering if any of you have any pepakura files for the war machine minigun for cardstock paper builds?
    From
    Texas
    Aug 27, 2012, 11:47 PM - Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread #173

I know the good paints for IM, but what colors can I use for my WM armor to look closest to the movie?
    Aug 28, 2012, 12:42 AM - Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread #174

stefano i just would like to say that .. i have trouble about this foam method..

example the pepakura file goes to 14 page .. in foam file they will be 6 page .. how can u complate the file ?
    Aug 29, 2012, 3:54 PM - Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread #175

IronWarrior777 said: View Post
    I know the good paints for IM, but what colors can I use for my WM armor to look closest to the movie?
    Check my WM build thread, you should have all the info there!