Virg012 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry - Bane Arkham City

virg012

I went with a different angle on Bane and decided to do the version from the Arkham City video game. The muscle suit was from FlexDesigns because I thought it was the best looking.

The gauntlets were made from small bathroom garbage cans, foam and electrical wired

The leg shackles are car air filters covered with foam, metal washers and hazard tape.

The belts and straps were made from leather straps, stained, cut and glued together.

The belt buckle was made by the one and only 4thwall designs

The collar was foam, glue, electrical wire, metal washers, 4 computer mice, and lots of plastic coat.

The backpack was an insecticide sprayer, car access door, foam noodles, hose connectors and glue.

The mask was a paintball mask which was easily cut and painted for the overall effect.
Throw in a little EL wire in the hoses with a nice pulsating effect.

7938024540_c1442e16a9_b.jpg

Here's the complete build thread - http://www.therpf.com/f24/bane-arkham-asylum-venom-flowing-8-24-a-151624/

Thanks for the inspiration, comments, constructive feedback and overall great time with this costume

Hey bud i was wanting to make the arkham bane costume as well and was wondering if i could explain how u made the gauntlets and collar step by step ...thank u......
I went with a different angle on Bane and decided to do the version from the Arkham City video game. The muscle suit was from FlexDesigns because I thought it was the best looking.

The gauntlets were made from small bathroom garbage cans, foam and electrical wired

The leg shackles are car air filters covered with foam, metal washers and hazard tape.

The belts and straps were made from leather straps, stained, cut and glued together.

The belt buckle was made by the one and only 4thwall designs

The collar was foam, glue, electrical wire, metal washers, 4 computer mice, and lots of plastic coat.

The backpack was an insecticide sprayer, car access door, foam noodles, hose connectors and glue.

The mask was a paintball mask which was easily cut and painted for the overall effect.
Throw in a little EL wire in the hoses with a nice pulsating effect.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8461/7938024540_c1442e16a9_b.jpg

Here's the complete build thread - http://www.therpf.com/f24/bane-arkham-asylum-venom-flowing-8-24-a-151624/

Thanks for the inspiration, comments, constructive feedback and overall great time with this costume

Hello I'm new to this page and was wondering if you could help me with advice on building a arkham bane costume like this ....this is fantastic to say the least I'd really be greatfull if u could walk me threw step by step how and and what you used for the gauntlets and collar they serm the most difficult to me....thank u I'd appreciate it

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back