Ubisoft Haze Costume Updated with Game Trailer Costume Cameo..

DAVIDYR1

Official Licensee
This was made for Ubisoft. Promo costume/s for a new game they're getting ready to launch.
From the time we received the artwork, we had less than 2 months to complete the costume from scratch. This also meant a whole new life cast had to be made to accommodate the size needed for the suit.

We delivered the first one to them last month, but weren't authorized to show anything publicly until now.
The suit is a 2 piece rubber suit, with the fabric areas meant to look like an undersuit all sculpted in as a whole.

Sculpted in Chavant NSP Soft...The fabric straps and plastic buckles were left in the sculpture and molded in. You'll see how that worked out in the cast suits below.

Untitled-13.jpg

Untitled-11.jpg

2007_0507014.jpg

Untitled-9.jpg

Untitled-8.jpg

I know I have more leg pics, but I must have misfiled them under a different name. If/when I find them I'll add more...:(
legsdone.jpg

Helmet..which was sculpted over an existing motorcycle helmet...
2007_0511009.jpg

2007_0511007.jpg

2007_0511004-1.jpg

2007_0513006.jpg

Fresh from the molds...sorry he looks a little lopsided around the shoulder area...he's just laid onto a really thin mannequin I use for painting the suits on.
Untitled-10.jpg

Painted with both Fuse FX and Psycho Paint.
Untitled-35.jpg

Untitled-37.jpg

Untitled-42.jpg

Untitled-40.jpg

We're currently hammering out the subsequent needed copies...while simultaneously working on our next promo suit... :cry: ...

Enjoy!

David

Last edited:
Re: Video Game Promo Costume. Full Rubber Suit. Pic Intense

That is REALLY cool lookin!!! (y)thumbsup

Can you tell us the games title???

Beautifull!! (as usual)

Do you have any more process photos you can show?

Looks great!

Is there any reason why you were able to use real cloth for the appropriate parts?

Nick

That is friggin´awesome!!!!

what kind of clay do you work with and what are you using to smooth the surface? Usually I see people doing a wastemold first, but you always seem to work directly from your sculpt!? -> time and cost effective ;)

Markus

Wow, that looks incredible and looks like it has just come out of a game!!!! Amazing craftmanship...I want one! :)

Damm David! That's awesome work! Is that from Time Shift?

Stay safe,

Tim.

Looks great!

Is there any reason why you were able to use real cloth for the appropriate parts?

Nick

I was wondering the same thing but the only reason I can come up with is to reproduce the same wrinkle pattern in the game, or to keep it looking like it came out of the game.

Looks awesome by the way. I don't know why but when I first saw it I thought it was a ninja costume from metal gear solid. It's been a long time since I played that.

Awesome work man... You never fail to impress!

Oh man, I was hoping for a Halo suit.

Wow. Incredible.

Are you allowed to sell kits?

The game looks great and so dose the suit. I especially love the job on the helmet and the design all together. Here's hoping for more pictures.

Looks great!

Nick

Perhaps, it was just easier to get everything casted at the same time, rather than casting multiple armor parts, which would require storm trooper armor attention to put on...?

This has got to me my favorite of all of your projects, David.

Last edited:

I am ultra-impressed!
I knew it was from Haze, a game i'm seriously looking forward to....but this costume is something else!

many congrats on some excellent work.

Rich

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back