Tron Legacy Costume

Anyone have any idea how to glue to pieces of EVA foam together to join them (so I can paint over them?

Also redoing my ID disk holder/hub idea, am going tomorrow to try to shape one with clay or such but a bit smaller than required then paper mache over to create a hollow hub similar to Rinzlers, sand it back and paint (am hoping to use hub as a holder for EL Wire inverters) if this works, if does will post pic's. Am also going to try some Vise glue or liquid nails to join the costume bits together tomorrow :)

Advice would be welcome.

Last edited:
I was watching the movie on Blu-Ray recently and noticed Sam's outfit was a white glow vs. in the arena his opponent was more a subtle blue. Also the lightcycle sequence Sam's bike emitted more a white.

Odd in the theatrical version the colors all appeared more subtle blue across the board, but I guess not! Interesting anyway...

Anyone else going into the direction of Tron Style fashion like End of Line club?

I am going that way. I'm still in the design process, but hopefully I will have something nailed down by next weekend. Got to finish up 2 costumes before I can really start on my Tron one. Luckily they are fairly simple sewing wise and don't need to be fully decked out til Dragon*Con.

Anyone have any idea how to glue to pieces of EVA foam together to join them (so I can paint over them?

As in butting the ends up together? What I have done in the past is get some fabric tape/medical tape and tape them together on top and bottom and then paint over it. May put a little elmers glue then the tape to help it hold better. That way it covers the crack. If you want a smoother appearance you can use hot glue just on the edges and it will help fill in the tiny gap you have. A little trial and error is needed this way since sometimes it can be tricky to get them to lay just right I have found.

Hey guys, I just recommended my ex-Brother-in-Law to swing by here, as he said he was planning on doing his own TRON related outfit. I figured this would be a useful post to look through.

Hey guys, I just recommended my ex-Brother-in-Law to swing by here, as he said he was planning on doing his own TRON related outfit. I figured this would be a useful post to look through.

Are you sure you want to do that to him? This place is very addictive! And what starts out as wanting to make a "Tron related outfit" turns into a full blown obsession requiring study in electroluminescent tape, wiring, molding and casting, and methods for working with leather and rubber. :lol

Are you sure you want to do that to him? This place is very addictive! And what starts out as wanting to make a "Tron related outfit" turns into a full blown obsession requiring study in electroluminescent tape, wiring, molding and casting, and methods for working with leather and rubber. :lol

I'm sure he can handle it. Honestly, he's been into all things media like me just as long as I have.

Its not official but fan run! Be part of a big pic in front of a castle. Meet other programs and maybe an occasional user.

Unofficial TRON Fan Day At Disneyland April 10th 2011

Its just like bat day, harry potter day, and star wars day. (harry potter is the only one with group activity scavenger hunt.) Except a lot people will be sporting their disc!

Remember everyone , "BRING YOUR IDENTITY DISC!"

When you bring your disc into the park, do you hide it in a back pack? Or just straight up carry in and security can obviously see it? Do they ever give you any problems?

I have had too many past issues with security with my light up corset, drawing too much attention with our photo taking and well, just exisiting apparently. HAHA one of those guards is a totally T*W*A*T with me. Sorry, but I am so sick of him giving me crap every time I go to DCA.

Any way, I am going to be walking in behind the ppl walking thru the security check with their discs. If you guys get in with your discs and they don't let me, well, that is total BS. So please all stick close to me. I want to proof security is harrassing me at this point about the Tron costumes, when I am not even wearing a Tron official costume.

So we are talking to our laser cut guy. Here are some designs for the inner ring cut out. Which one do you guys like the best?

proposals.jpg

So are you producing the PROP2 or PROP1 version of your disc mount? Sorry, I didn't see an update as to which one you went with. I hope Prop 2... or both, for the ppl that want Prop 1. I think that is the best way to go, well, if you can ;)

Thanks!

They sell the discs there so they don't care if you bring them into the park. I even managed to sneak in with my el taped jacket and they didnt seem to care. but it wasnt on so maybe they didn't notice.
When you bring your disc into the park, do you hide it in a back pack? Or just straight up carry in and security can obviously see it? Do they ever give you any problems?

I have had too many past issues with security with my light up corset, drawing too much attention with our photo taking and well, just exisiting apparently. HAHA one of those guards is a totally T*W*A*T with me. Sorry, but I am so sick of him giving me crap every time I go to DCA.

Any way, I am going to be walking in behind the ppl walking thru the security check with their discs. If you guys get in with your discs and they don't let me, well, that is total BS. So please all stick close to me. I want to proof security is harrassing me at this point about the Tron costumes, when I am not even wearing a Tron official costume.

BTW for Tron Day does anyone know if its a costumed event or if its just a bunch of us Tron nerds meeting up? Because Disney hates their thunder being stolen

They sell the discs there so they don't care if you bring them into the park. I even managed to sneak in with my el taped jacket and they didnt seem to care. but it wasnt on so maybe they didn't notice.

Yeah well, tell that to the security guards that saw me with my home made disc one time. Told me I couldn't come in here with Tron costumes. Had a big drama happen, had to close the security section down just to deal with them and finally talked to the manager that finally let us in.

Keep in mind, this is the last time (last year) I wore my Quorra costume to the park. They did not like that. I have had the same D*I*C*K Wad old man security dude that works ElecTRONica security straight out come up to my face even before I even got into DCA asking me if I have a Tron costume under my clothes? Yeah, I could not believe it, I even had a wig on, totally didn't even look like I did the last month I had been there. How in the HELL out of all the ppl that walk through that park did he even recognize me?!?!??!

Now, this is only me. Numerous ElecTRONica guests I see there with light up Tron themed outfits are fine, that one security guard doesn't give them any crap. Why me? Who knows.

Any way. As far as I know, it's just a bunch of the Tron fans showing up to Disney for some fun. As far as wearing the Tron costumes, that's up to everyone.

I am still wearing my Light Up El Wire corset that has nothing to do with Tron. I don't give a crap what that security guard tells me. Everyone else does it and I am sick of him giving me and only me S*H*I*T.

Sorry, as you can see I am very upset. You would be too if every time you go to Disney you get treated like this.

^ You should definitely complain, in writing, to the Disney higher-ups. Something about "discrimination" and "taking your money elsewhere" might actually cause the numbskulls upstairs to do something about that guard. Singling you out like that is completely unacceptable, IMHO.

Since the corset is not even tron related and not a costume you could probably get him into big trouble. Homemade discs I guess could be an issue but I'm not 100 percent sure. They are probably mad that instead of spending money on one there you made your own. But yeah I'd be pretty upset if they targeted me like that especially since I go into the park all the time. Sorry to hear about all the crap they give you
Yeah well, tell that to the security guards that saw me with my home made disc one time. Told me I couldn't come in here with Tron costumes. Had a big drama happen, had to close the security section down just to deal with them and finally talked to the manager that finally let us in.

Keep in mind, this is the last time (last year) I wore my Quorra costume to the park. They did not like that. I have had the same D*I*C*K Wad old man security dude that works ElecTRONica security straight out come up to my face even before I even got into DCA asking me if I have a Tron costume under my clothes? Yeah, I could not believe it, I even had a wig on, totally didn't even look like I did the last month I had been there. How in the HELL out of all the ppl that walk through that park did he even recognize me?!?!??!

Now, this is only me. Numerous ElecTRONica guests I see there with light up Tron themed outfits are fine, that one security guard doesn't give them any crap. Why me? Who knows.

Any way. As far as I know, it's just a bunch of the Tron fans showing up to Disney for some fun. As far as wearing the Tron costumes, that's up to everyone.

I am still wearing my Light Up El Wire corset that has nothing to do with Tron. I don't give a crap what that security guard tells me. Everyone else does it and I am sick of him giving me and only me S*H*I*T.

Sorry, as you can see I am very upset. You would be too if every time you go to Disney you get treated like this.

I agree with tim, Annisse. That's totally uncalled for that EVERYONE else can get through security with obvious TRON related outfits, and you get singled out for having done something similar before. Granted, about the Corset they'll probably take the " *Right* a light-up line design *totally* isn't TRON at all..." route, it's totally out of line to get on your case when others doing much "worse" than you don't even get talked too.

If I were you, i'd definently write someone about this/these incidents and include the guard's name. Disney loves keeping their "magic", and they don't dig when an employee makes a paying customer unhappy.

It's just ironic that they've taken to punishing fans who show appreciation of a Disney brand at their parks.

Thought I'd post this, I'm currently working on a costume and emailed a company that's been mentioned a few times here (won't divulge who) and I asked before buying their EL wire if they used lytec wire along with a few other quick questions...here's the response, thought it'd be interesting to share:

Hello _____,

Yes, the inverter that comes with our kits will be quite strong enough to power them. All of our kits come ready to go. You just have to install your batteries and flip the switch to on. As for our el wire, we have our own manufacturer for all of our products. Any company claming to use “Lytec” is straight out lying. The company that holds the patents for “Lytec” el wire was called “Elam” and they went out of business over 4 years ago. We have done extensive research on this and our findings have all come up the same. “Lytec” el wire is no longer being produced, and has not been produced for over 4 years.

Thoughts??

Also, my plan is a T:L costume I found similar to this:

http://fashionablygeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/tron-costumes.jpg

(one on the right)

I'm gonna just run EL wire down the white lines and then sandwich something in the same shapes over top of it (costume with wire down the middle and then cut out the same shapes and lay it on top to diffuse the wire) My goal is to make the entire strip glow...I know there'll be a bit of a hot spot with the wire down the middle, but what does everyone think would be a good choice for the layer on top...white shower curtain is my best idea so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this has probably been answered somewhere in these 133 pages and over 3300 posts, but I'm on my phone so I really can't read through all that. Does or has anybody have any experience or own one of the UD replicas Sam Flynn suits?

HAHA one of those guards is a totally T*W*A*T with me. Sorry, but I am so sick of him giving me crap every time I go to DCA.

They must been all over you. Sounds like they need to get a life. let people enjoy themselves.. :confused

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back