Tron Legacy Costume

That's crazy. I picked up three discs on Ebay as a lot, Sam, Rinzler, and Kevin, and paid $70 for the three.

Tim

That's a pretty sweet deal! And good find. But yeah, as TheWarlock said, Sam is about the only one you can find in the store anymore. For a while there, my Targets had about 4 to 5 Rinzler discs, each. Now they're no where to be found.

I grabbed a Sam disc today and I noticed it says series 1 on it. I just emailed Spin Master and asked if they were planning on releasing a series 2 and if it includes a Clu disc. Hopefully they get back to me with some good news.

yeah when I went to elecTRONica over the weekend they had none. so I decided to go on a weekday when elecTRONica wasnt going on and by odin's beard they had two left in stock at one of the smaller shops. I only bought one due to funds and I wouldnt want to rob someone else of one
It seems as if they're at the Target's in smaller towns. I'm glad you picked one up for a better price than $100 though! That freaked me out when I saw they were going for that much ><!

I grabbed a Sam disc today and I noticed it says series 1 on it. I just emailed Spin Master and asked if they were planning on releasing a series 2 and if it includes a Clu disc. Hopefully they get back to me with some good news.
Doubt that series will affect future version releases, if any, as some of my current discs are marked series 2 currently.

Tim

Don't worry Satxer, with time, resources, practice, and more patience than you can imagine, I'm sure it'll look awesome. It'll only be underwhelming if you let it be.

Doubt that series will affect future version releases, if any, as some of my current discs are marked series 2 currently.

Tim
Hmm, I didn't know that since the ones in the store were all series 1. Now that you've mentioned, I think it may have something to do with the innards. I remember reading how some have a blue circuit board with open solder points and others have a green one without them on Blackfeathers's flickr for how he modded his. Mine is blue, so that's really the only thing I can think of that would be different between the two series.

Thank you for contacting Spin Master's Customer Care Department.

Please be advised that we are currently experiencing a higher than normal volume of contacts; we apologize for any delays you may experience as we strive to assist all of our customers during our post-holiday busy season.

We currently do not have any information regarding future Tron releases, however, stay tuned to Disney's Tron Legacy for up-to-date information on all Tron products.

Sincerely,

Spin Master Customer Care
Ah well, I tried.

ok just gonna say this, if you live in a smaller town/city.... you can find the disc at most targets... im going to get one later this week (rinzler and flynn) and theyve got loads of them.

Good grief, I am not having a whole lot of luck this year with costuming. Dern lack of employment and rapidly-budget-eating bills.....but by golly, I will have a Tron Costume! So, I'm going to downgrade.

Anybody got any pictures of Quorra when she enters the real world? :lol

Good grief, I am not having a whole lot of luck this year with costuming. Dern lack of employment and rapidly-budget-eating bills.....but by golly, I will have a Tron Costume! So, I'm going to downgrade.

I think Annisse was pursuing that as one of her many tron costumes.

I hear ya there! I've got the swatches for my Siren suit..and a few starters..but that's about it -_-. Same goes for my boyfriend's program. I had to side-track for a minute, to make him a Logan's Run Sandman costume for his 30th birthday, and I'll soon have a few commissions to finish ><. Waiting on a little extra money to get into the true meat of it all!

Costuming is so hurtful to the wallet...yet SO addictive -_-.

Last edited:
Hi, I have been lurking in the background sponging off everyone's great ideas trying to gear up to to this project, and I have one stupid question that I have searched for, but I have not found. When working with EL wire, the inverters call out the foot lengths they are good for. Is this total wire connected? Meaning if you have 2 2ft strands is that for a total 4ft, and that is how it is counted, or is there a minimum length the strands need to be in order for it to work properly? This really stems from doing serial or parallel wiring, and how I am trying to lay out the circuitry for the suit. Plus, I am also going to have to figure this out for when I create the disc, I plan on having an auto shut off when it goes on the base so the outer rim is only lit when I pull the disk off.

*waves* Hello, there! I just spent the last 5 days reading this thread. e_e And said 'What the heck! I love this place, might as well stop lurking.' So i did.

Anyway, I have a few questions...
Does anyone have thoughts on EL wire on boots...? I'm making a CLU 2.0. costume and haven't been able to figure out how to make separate wiring for the boots so I can put them on. :p Any ideas on this?

Also, any thoughts on how to make a helmet or any helpful threads? I'm going to go look for one on here, but I'm just curious if anyone knows of their favorite techniques... I've got to make both a CLU helmet and a Rinzler for a friend (who really should make it themselves... >_>).

Hi, I have been lurking in the background sponging off everyone's great ideas trying to gear up to to this project, and I have one stupid question that I have searched for, but I have not found. When working with EL wire, the inverters call out the foot lengths they are good for. Is this total wire connected? Meaning if you have 2 2ft strands is that for a total 4ft, and that is how it is counted, or is there a minimum length the strands need to be in order for it to work properly? This really stems from doing serial or parallel wiring, and how I am trying to lay out the circuitry for the suit. Plus, I am also going to have to figure this out for when I create the disc, I plan on having an auto shut off when it goes on the base so the outer rim is only lit when I pull the disk off.

If your inverter/driver is rated at 50ft then it can run ANY combination of ELWire in total overall length being 50ft or less. Some of them have minimum length settings, being that you should not run them with less than 'X' ft of ELWire attached.

On my armor suit I have 12 different leads for ELWire lengths of 1-3 feet each. My driver is rated up to 50ft, so it runs fine.

*waves* Hello, there! I just spent the last 5 days reading this thread. e_e And said 'What the heck! I love this place, might as well stop lurking.' So i did.

Anyway, I have a few questions...

Does anyone have thoughts on EL wire on boots...? I'm making a CLU 2.0. costume and haven't been able to figure out how to make separate wiring for the boots so I can put them on. :p Any ideas on this?

Also, any thoughts on how to make a helmet or any helpful threads? I'm going to go look for one on here, but I'm just curious if anyone knows of their favorite techniques... I've got to make both a CLU helmet and a Rinzler for a friend (who really should make it themselves... >_>).

I have panels on the front of my boots, covering the area where they lace up the front. I sewed ELWire into the backside of these covers, gives my boots a 'back-glow' effect. Other than that, people have been adding small power inverters to each boot to power their ELWire on seperate lines without needing a central power pack.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back