Tribes Acsend - heavy armor *WIP*

Durkness

I've seen a couple projects started that take a loooooong time to complete so I figured I would try one of those. I am attempting to build the Diamond Sword's heavy armor from Tribes Acsend. This one is for fun so it's one that I work on when the A.D.D. kicks in. Just like the Guyver...I am using templates from JFcustom's unbelievable post right HERE.

I never played the game I just fell in love with the armor. If you want to challenge your hills and valley techniques this is definitely a suit you can try it on...it has ate a lot of time too. So far I have been through two mats of the awesome foam basketball court and I have only formed the helmet and the torso. I plan on trying to add a lot of details to the suit and helmet if I can ever complete assembly of all the pieces.

I have attached a couple photos on how I am lining up all of the cuts for the hills since some of them don't go the entire length or it's reversed. Just punch a hole where they should end, connect the dots, cut away. I have left the vents open at the top for the lights to come through also. Everything else from the fitting, shoulders, visor, lighting etc... will all be tackled when I get to it. And yeah... the center circle on the back is off a bit but it is the back...hopefully the beauty of the LED's or the sword will distract them.

Just like my Guyver when it started....it's just a basketball court right now....feel free to pitch some ideas because tunnel vision takes over and this forum fuels my imagination.

It will be a long ride.... Cheers!

tribes-acsend-heavy-armor-wip-857316_4538426224148_406245197_o.jpg-145931d1361852246t
eve.gif

Had you built this suit for your daughter, a pair of gloves and it'd be complete :D
Amazing work here !

No NO NOOOO..............

OK FINE its bad ass but your too easily distracted bro :(

Looking forward to seeing it progress though its an awesome suit, Not entirely sure how you'll even walk in that beast though stilts? Mobility looks like it'll be utterly restricted lol

Yeah.... mobility will be shot...I will be walking a little slow in this one. But if it comes out right it will look amazing.

And you only have to fully finish suits if you have a purpose for them. I'm jumping back to the Guyver for fixing some of its problems next week.

you only have to fully finish suits if you have a purpose for them. I'm jumping back to the Guyver for fixing some of its problems next week.

Theres always a purpose! if you don't wear that thing in public I'll cry lol yours is a talent too much to hide away in your living room.....

I took a quick look at that basketball court foam you are using, good to use? How thick is it? Good build so far too. I too thought that armor looked just amazing.

I live by the stuff. If it's not meant to be thick armor (ex. Halo) I use it for everything....It is 6mm. I use 1/2" Harbor Freight foam if it's Halo or War Machine. All of these were the basketball court foam....

Sword is mostly put together. I have a magnet in the center of the sword and the back. The weight holds as long as it doesn't go back too far....but with paint it will get worst. I'm thinking about just using an elastic band at the top to assist by holding it against the back.

Center of the handle is a 1/2" pvc pipe. There is a wood rod running along the inside of the blade.

This is eating a lot of time just from how many hills the foam has to make it more of one piece. Overall look is good but it is very time consuming.

Durk, i've also love th' look of th' Tribes Ascend armor stellar work thanx for sharin' i look forward ta ya progress keep up th' good work.:cool:popcorn

Durk, i've also love th' look of th' Tribes Ascend armor stellar work thanx for sharin' i look forward ta ya progress keep up th' good work.:cool:popcorn

Thanks... I'm worried how much paint this beast is going to eat up when completed... If it takes me this long because of the pieces I can't imagine painting all the layers.

Yeah an th' proper paint job will set it off I'd start testin' out paint on scapsso that when ya ready you'll know what ta do brah keep up th' good work. :p:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I live by the stuff. If it's not meant to be thick armor (ex. Halo) I use it for everything....It is 6mm. I use 1/2" Harbor Freight foam if it's Halo or War Machine. All of these were the basketball court foam....

Very cool progress. I saw that picture of your Nightwing and I just want to say that it looks great. I would have loved to have seen a build thread on that one too.

Very cool progress. I saw that picture of your Nightwing and I just want to say that it looks great. I would have loved to have seen a build thread on that one too.

Easy enough... I have the build on my facebook. I can post it later tonight. Thanks for the props!

Hey been a while since ya built this, but im starting one now and i can use all help i can get . What size foam did you for your base build

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back