Hey guys, I'm preparing to start building The Dark Knight suit and I wanted some of you professional opinions.
- Are there any patterns or pep's out there. I looked, but not much luck. If they're not available it's really no big deal, I'm sure I can eyeball it.
- More importantly, the paint. Does any of you know what spray paint is the closest match? Or what colors can I mix/overlap to achieve an accurate color?
- I was looking into using Zero Porosity Ripstop Nylon; essentially parachute nylon. It's a bit pricey ($8.99yd) but its waterproof, flame retardant, and the fact that it's zero-porosity, it catches the wind very well. Also its very light weight.
^ Is this at all feasible? Or should I not even think about this?
3. Carbon Fiber Look with spray paint
- I know there are tutorials somewhere in this forum explaining how to achieve this effect. Are there any to achieve this specific, greyish, look that is accented on the chest and abs piece?
Thanks in advanced guys! Once I start building Ill update this thread with pictures and explanations of the work I did.
Also, I would to share, I am working on a push-button projectile that will open the cape completely. Thought it would be nice for photo-ops. This is the least important part of the build. But if any of you know anyone who did something like this, I'd love to see how they did it!
I finished cutting all the pieces of the cape and am getting ready to sew. The Cowl has been pepped and coated fiberglass resin. Im going to use modeling clay to make the details around the mask then bondo over. Once the Cowl is finished im going to make a master mold from it so i can cast it in Latex.
^ I been looking how to do this for a while and I just want your input on what is best.
If you guys could also help me with the other questions above that would be fantastic!