TDK Foam Pattern, Design, Costume Build. ( PIC Heavy)

Thanks for the templates, Sonjou! :thumbsup

Here's what I've got done so far.
TDK1.jpg

Hey, this might be a bit of a dumb question but would there be a reason why some of the patterns print out distorted for me? I was going to try a gauntlet today but no matter what I do it distorts the pattern. I downloaded them all to a folder and I'm not sure what's wrong. Idk if it's "Photo Printig Wizard" that's distorting them or what?

I already did the collar, neck, chest, and strips down from the chest. My problem is that the collar is so large that when the chest hangs from it, it is too low and it looks like saggy batman. Did anyone else have this problem?

I already did the collar, neck, chest, and strips down from the chest. My problem is that the collar is so large that when the chest hangs from it, it is too low and it looks like saggy batman. Did anyone else have this problem?

I just used the template of the whole armor Sonjou posted in the first page.
th_TDKChest.jpg

Printed it up the appropriate size and it works just fine.
armor.jpg

Btw, brush on Plasti-dip is nasty! Too bad we don't have the spray version here.

Kalkamel- thanks, I'll try that!

Edit- well changing the file name when I re save them didn't fix the problem for me :(
I tried everything, I just dont get it.

Last edited:
Suppose I'll give that a shot as well. I tried printing them from the file I saved them to and also by just left clicking the image and Printing. Like I said most of the files are fine, it's just the gauntlets and shoulders that are giving me a hard time.

Well I ended up just trying the right click/print right from the photobucket page and I *think* they're right now. No idea what the problem was.

Are there going to be templates for the side rib armor and the rest of the back?

Sonjou you are an absolute legend! Thanks to you I now have something to do in my spare time. Ended up quickly putting the front bits together. Hopefully get the full thing done soon
greenredthing

has anyone figured out the ideal foam thickness to use for this? I think you can make the whole thing out of 3mm except for the chest where 6mm would work better.

Kalkamel, your collar and shoulders look like they are the perfect thickness to have it curl and sit on your shoulder. What type, thickness, brand , foam did you use? Did you have to heat the foam around the shoulders to have it bend down or does it do that on it's own based on weight?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back