Subscribe
  1. BeastLusignan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Messages
    183
    Sep 6, 2012, 6:34 PM - TASM build with Zentai suit (TONS A PICS) #1

    I fist posted this in "JUNKYARD" cause I'm a noob. When if comes to budget, I know what's up. Here we'll construct a BADASS ASM suit with a cheap Zentai suit, modified asics, replica lenses, and webshooters.

    Start off with the Zentai suit, it's only for $53.. and highly worth it!
    Amazing Spider-man Costume Spandex Spiderman Costume [1208201] - US$53.29

    Now I'll reveal pics of this suit in person. For a Zentai... I was SHOCKED!





    Now for $53 it's pretty damn good and it's already sewn. I'm 6ft, slender, and about 140-150lbs and I fit their large size perfectly. Spandex forms to your body anyway.

    Here's the flaws of the suit, minor, but still flaws.
    The chest spider is incorrect. Anyone who knows the suit can see what I mean.


    The gloves are all red. It may not bother some people, but eh



    In this photo I slipped on my asics and they look sick!



    This is merely an experiment so don't be completely rude :b
    For more kickass detail, I recommend puff paint (THANKS MCLEAN)
    Here I did it to the spider and the webbing.


    Right now I'm adding red puff paint to each red section. It makes the whole suit shiny and I love it.

    Well thanks for your time. I'll be updating this thread when I can
  2. RPF Premium Member spiderfan11's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2005
    From
    Milwaukee, WI
    Messages
    593
    Sep 6, 2012, 9:29 PM - Re: TASM build with Zentai suit (TONS A PICS) #2

    You could always just do some blue puffy paint hexagons on the fingertips. It mights give it a cool look and texture. Does the zipper go straight up the back on this?
  3. SpiderSparrow's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    From
    Alabama
    Messages
    106
    Sep 6, 2012, 10:34 PM - Re: TASM build with Zentai suit (TONS A PICS) #3

    Looks sick for the price! Can't wait to get one! So when you ordered it did you just select the "L(Male)" size in the drop down box, or did you select the costom option and put in all your measurements?

    I was worried that I would look weird in the suit because I'm tall and skinny, but it looks great on you and my body is pretty much the exact same as yours, I'm 6' and 140 lbs. and I'm gonna try to gain some muscle mass before Halloween, so I think it will look good. Thanks for posting all the pictures! I look forward to seeing more progress!
  4. BeastLusignan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Messages
    183
    Sep 6, 2012, 11:54 PM - Re: TASM build with Zentai suit (TONS A PICS) #4

    spiderfan11 said: View Post
    You could always just do some blue puffy paint hexagons on the fingertips. It mights give it a cool look and texture. Does the zipper go straight up the back on this?
    Thanks for the idea! Yes, there's a zipper on the top of the mask and the back. They join together.
  5. BeastLusignan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Messages
    183
    Sep 6, 2012, 11:55 PM - Re: TASM build with Zentai suit (TONS A PICS) #5

    SpiderSparrow said: View Post
    Looks sick for the price! Can't wait to get one! So when you ordered it did you just select the "L(Male)" size in the drop down box, or did you select the costom option and put in all your measurements?

    I was worried that I would look weird in the suit because I'm tall and skinny, but it looks great on you and my body is pretty much the exact same as yours, I'm 6' and 140 lbs. and I'm gonna try to gain some muscle mass before Halloween, so I think it will look good. Thanks for posting all the pictures! I look forward to seeing more progress!
    Nope no custom measurements. Large would be perfect for you! No prob. Right now I'm filling every red section with puff paint to make it shine.
  6. Jnasty8222's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2012
    From
    Wichita Falls, Tx.
    Messages
    134
    Sep 7, 2012, 12:22 AM - Re: TASM build with Zentai suit (TONS A PICS) #6

    Looks really good for the price, add the hexagons and it will look really good
  7. BeastLusignan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Messages
    183
    Sep 7, 2012, 12:28 AM - Re: TASM build with Zentai suit (TONS A PICS) #7

    Jnasty8222 said: View Post
    Looks really good for the price, add the hexagons and it will look really good
    Omg man. I couldn't imagine doing the hexagons by hand. Hell, it's nerve racking enough just doing the lines! LOL
  8. SpiderSparrow's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    From
    Alabama
    Messages
    106
    Sep 7, 2012, 12:39 AM - Re: TASM build with Zentai suit (TONS A PICS) #8

    BeastLusignan said: View Post
    Omg man. I couldn't imagine doing the hexagons by hand. Hell, it's nerve racking enough just doing the lines! LOL
    I've come up with a way to, in a way, hand print the honeycomb pattern (if that even makes sense haha). Not sure yet if it's going to work, but I'll post some test pics and my plan in my thread sometime soon. I'm not going to make the hexagons 3D with puff paint though, I'm just going to do the black webbing in puff paint like you are.
  9. BeastLusignan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Messages
    183
    Sep 7, 2012, 12:43 AM - Re: TASM build with Zentai suit (TONS A PICS) #9

    SpiderSparrow said: View Post
    I've come up with a way to, in a way, hand print the honeycomb pattern (if that even makes sense haha). Not sure yet if it's going to work, but I'll post some test pics and my plan in my thread sometime soon. I'm not going to make the hexagons 3D with puff paint though, I'm just going to do the black webbing in puff paint like you are.
    You don't even have to fill the red sections either. I think it looks better like this, the whole suit is shiny pretty much (great on the eyes)
    But the honeycomb is not necessary honestly. I'm def going to use blue puff paint on the fingers, like fill them completely.
  10. BeastLusignan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Messages
    183
    Sep 7, 2012, 11:29 AM - Re: TASM build with Zentai suit (TONS A PICS) #10

    SCRATCH THE PUFF PAINT METHOD GUYS. It'll ruin your suit when it cracks... Just get the zentai, shoes, shooters, and lenses. You should be fine
    I gotta get started on a replica suit soon. I have 2 prints I bought.
    DamnGoodPaul and TaylorMcmanus
  11. RPF Premium Member spiderfan11's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2005
    From
    Milwaukee, WI
    Messages
    593
    Sep 7, 2012, 1:02 PM - Re: TASM build with Zentai suit (TONS A PICS) #11

    I just ordered one of these last night, hope mine looks as nice as yours did when you got it!
  12. SpiderSparrow's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    From
    Alabama
    Messages
    106
    Sep 7, 2012, 1:11 PM - Re: TASM build with Zentai suit (TONS A PICS) #12

    BeastLusignan said: View Post
    SCRATCH THE PUFF PAINT METHOD GUYS. It'll ruin your suit when it cracks... Just get the zentai, shoes, shooters, and lenses. You should be fine
    I gotta get started on a replica suit soon. I have 2 prints I bought.
    DamnGoodPaul and TaylorMcmanus
    Dang, sorry to hear about your suit man. So when you say "scratch the puff paint method" are you just talking about covering the red sections in red? Because I was planning to go over all the black lines with puff paint, do you think that would still work ok?
  13. BeastLusignan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Messages
    183
    Sep 7, 2012, 2:19 PM - Re: TASM build with Zentai suit (TONS A PICS) #13

    SpiderSparrow said: View Post
    Dang, sorry to hear about your suit man. So when you say "scratch the puff paint method" are you just talking about covering the red sections in red? Because I was planning to go over all the black lines with puff paint, do you think that would still work ok?
    I wouldn't do paint at all dude. My buddy joe did a test with puff paint and after a few weeks it cracked and the suit won't be as elastic
  14. exo95er's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Messages
    81
    Sep 8, 2012, 10:18 AM - Re: TASM build with Zentai suit (TONS A PICS) #14

    How is the mask? Can you post some close up shots on how it and eyes look? Thks.
  15. BeastLusignan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Messages
    183
    Sep 8, 2012, 12:49 PM - Re: TASM build with Zentai suit (TONS A PICS) #15

    exo95er said: View Post
    How is the mask? Can you post some close up shots on how it and eyes look? Thks.


  16. SpiderSparrow's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    From
    Alabama
    Messages
    106
    Sep 22, 2012, 12:26 AM - Re: TASM build with Zentai suit (TONS A PICS) #16

    how exactly did you order your suit? haha I'm trying to order mine right now, and I need to pay with my debit card, but I'm on the last page of the checkout process and it hasn't given me the option to enter any card information. and I'm afraid that if I click "confirm the order" it will just send me a bill in the mail, and I don't have time to wait on that.

    help?
  17. RPF Premium Member spiderfan11's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2005
    From
    Milwaukee, WI
    Messages
    593
    Sep 23, 2012, 11:19 AM - Re: TASM build with Zentai suit (TONS A PICS) #17

    SpiderSparrow said: View Post
    how exactly did you order your suit? haha I'm trying to order mine right now, and I need to pay with my debit card, but I'm on the last page of the checkout process and it hasn't given me the option to enter any card information. and I'm afraid that if I click "confirm the order" it will just send me a bill in the mail, and I don't have time to wait on that.

    help?
    It will request that you pay before it's all finished. I think it automatically takes you to paypal.
  18. Sproigo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    From
    Brighton, Co
    Messages
    40
    Sep 23, 2012, 12:09 PM - Re: TASM build with Zentai suit (TONS A PICS) #18

    Dude I was curious about the zentai suit myself, but I went with a root suit and am doing a custom comics/tasm mash... I will be stopping by often to check progress! Good luck bro!
  19. BeastLusignan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Messages
    183
    Oct 1, 2012, 10:26 PM - Re: TASM build with Zentai suit (TONS A PICS) #19

    Guys, enough of this boosheet. If you want to see a legit modified zentai, check out spidersparrow's build!!
  20. Member Since
    Mar 2014
    Messages
    7
    Mar 17, 2014, 7:58 PM - Re: TASM build with Zentai suit (TONS A PICS) #20

    For some reason I just don't like the bright colors little bit darker and would be perfect

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 209
    Last Post: Oct 3, 2014, 3:50 PM
  2. Black Suit Spiderman Zentai Build. (Lots of Pics)
    Iracel, Marvel Costumes and Props
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jun 19, 2013, 8:20 PM
  3. TASM Zentai Modification Suit (WIP)
    SuperMario, Replica Costumes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jun 17, 2013, 8:11 PM
  4. Replies: 164
    Last Post: Mar 1, 2012, 10:06 PM
  5. Replies: 95
    Last Post: May 30, 2011, 4:26 PM