Stryker Venoms 2014 Halloween Costume Contest Entry!

StrykerVenom

i just started making my outfit a few weeks before Halloween so this will also serve as my build thread!
i went ahead and decided to make some replica halo armor this year because ive seen a ton of the 405th work and i really liked it after tinkering around with pepakura for a week or so trying to get it sized and put together i found it to be rather nightmareish if it could go wrong then it did the molds fell apart the fiberglass wouldn't dry and left run marks on it bent as it dried it was just a nightmare, so i started watching Andrew cooks tutorials on you tube with the EVA foam and found my self buying a huge amount of foam sheets, i had never tried using foam before this point so im quite happy with how my work turned out i ran into a few problems with the heat of the glue melting the foam or my razors becoming dull during important cuts causing the foam to Frey and look messy but nothing some sand paper and time couldn't fix, im quite proud of my detail work in the foam it was hard to achieve but it ended up looking rather nice i think. if i had to pass on any tips for new people or someone just giving it a go my advice would be to use ice cubes to smooth the hot glue so it looks seamless and to never fiberglass in the colder days or weeks it just eats the paper away and falls apart.
Here we have a picture of my finished product that i took up on a bute during a shoot with my father and my proof phot that seemed to of wanted to turn itself sideways
DSCN8432.JPGIMG_4932.JPG
after assembling all the peice i had to spray layer after layer of "Plasti Dip" onto the foam so it would cease its absorbing of the paint
IMG_4743.JPG
heres my finished chest piece that im about to spray all over my dog carrier >_< wasn't really thinking
IMG_4742.JPG
here we have the entire suit after it was assembled sorry they are sort of going from finish to start the way they uploaded kind of meed up the event time line haha.IMG_4737.JPG
i decided to do my shoulders out of a different color foam to make sure they looked good as a stand alone color
IMG_4711.JPG
finished the legs on the night before the suit was done ened up staying up untill 5:AM
IMG_4681.JPG
we have the lower chest finished with my custom skull in the center haha most people put a circle i thought it needed something more
IMG_4242.JPG
to start the chest i went ahead and decided to make the vest so it was easy to slip on and off as one piecewith no buckles
IMG_4145.JPG
ahh the helmet was made out of papakura and resin i had to use bondo to fix its messed up areas it was a nightmare
IMG_3929.JPG
and were back to the finished product its weird seeing it all compleated it looks a lot better then when i started and had a resin filled mess to look at with a bunch of foam blocks as armor.
IMG_2406.JPG
My spirit of fire patch from buying halo wars collectors edition all those years ago finally paid off i thought it added a nice touch to the ODST armor.
IMG_2369.JPG
i went ahead and did the EOD helmet because ive always loved it and i wanted to mix things up i tried to use hot glue and acrylic to make molten plasma on it to account for battle damage i think with an addition of an L.E.D later down the road it might look awesome as a display piece rather then a wearable helmet im starting to think i might be in for another helmet build soon so i can match something about the ODST helmet just makes it look so sleek with the armor.
IMG_4813.JPG and there you go that's my Halloween build took about 3 weeks of straight work packed across a few months of buying materials and drawing out patterns procrastinating mostly haha.

Attachments

• IMG_4740.JPG
    IMG_4740.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 172
Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back