Steampunk Gunslinger Spawn

madprops

Hey guys. I get so caught up in Facebook that I keep forgetting to post what I have been doing on here. Lol

So here is my latest costume. Gunslinger Spawn with a steampunk twist. I really tried to get the costume as close to the toy at I could with a few changes to make it steampunk.

This costume is about 75% leather. Hat, coat, holster, pouches, mask and hat band are all leather.

Starting with the hat. I had to wet mold the top to get it round. I used a cast of the top of my head for this part.

It was fairly heavy when I finished it but still ok to wear. So when I added the Skulls I cast them with a ridged expanding foam instead of a resin cast. Shaved half a pound from the hat!

Since we are on the topic of casting. All the skulls and spikes were molded and cast. The original sculpt for the skulls were done by Ryan Lunt. The spike were sculpted by me. The smaller skulls on the hat was done through a new process of shrinking the mold to 50% it's size. Well new to me at least.

Moving on to the coat. The base of the coat was a black Wilson's leather trench coat I found at Goodwill for $25. Great find! The rest of the coat was hand stitched and tooled. I had to use a vinyl spry paint from DuPont and Nulife to get the red colors. I used a 1/8" thick x 1/4" wide aluminum bar in the collar sandwiched between 2 pieces of leather to get the shape in the collar. Hand stitching the coat was a heck of a task. Took me close to 3 weeks just to put all that together.

The guns in the holster were made from guns I picked up at TRU called the Rotator x8. They were short lived there and now I can't find them anymore :(. I heavily modified them of course with my paint style and additions to the guns.

The boots were purchased but I did add the skull casts to the front metal panels. Also the spike band.

The mask was made from leather using my workshop mask pattern as a base and then added the wet molded Spawn part. After wearing the outfit for an event I decided I don't like the canister on the front so I changed that to something small and not as noticeable. I also get formed the eyes from PETG clear Plex and used a perforated vinyl decal material and a green Sharpie for the green.

There are LEDs on all three of the main skulls. Working on making those more permanent now.

Home you guys like it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395010812.563467.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395010832.694718.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395010844.403957.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395010873.453281.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395010899.044950.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395011002.824951.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395011027.328964.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To add to this great costume I'm teaming up with a friend for a Steampunk Angela.

This is my worst drawing ever but it should give you an idea. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395761833.851861.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395761846.291557.jpg

So now I'm working on the second part of this project. Steampunk Angela. We started with doing a steampunk open chest jacket that will go over the breast plate.

Here is the character we are basing this off of.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396197816.620351.jpg

And here is what we have so far. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396197854.283910.jpg
Also working on the head rest this week.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396197897.300670.jpg

Thanks maestro80. Glad you got to see them in person. For those that did not see it in person here are some pics of the finished pieces.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399698896.814753.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399698918.391593.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399699080.004453.jpg

Itd been a while. Thought I would post some Pro shots of this costume done by the great Grant Brummet Photography. May he rest in peace. Also a great shot taken at last years Wild Wild West Con by Hong Le with Geek Press News.

WWW Spawn.jpgWood shot.jpgCosportrate print.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back