The Star Trek 2009 Space Dive Suits

DrewSmith007

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Is anyone working on one of these? I've never done serious costuming, but I'm pretty good with my hands. I think I'll start collecting screencaps and other pics and see just how much I'll be biting off...

Wow, she did a great job! Right behind the helmet lens, I figured sourcing the fabric was gonna be the next biggest problem. Thanks!

That is a sweet space suit done by Susie. I want one. (I'm starting to realise, I'm becoming a prop geek and want everything :S )

You should definitely have a go at making one of these.

I've been looking over some screencaps, and I think the clear part of the helmet was added in digitally. I've heard they do that, to get a clean performance, and I cant find any shots in the making of stuff on the dvd where there is a lens.

What do you think would be a good pattern for the suit? Everything I've found has been too baggy.

I think they might have made the black part of the helmet from a motorcycle helmet. And, I noticed some tracking marks on the making of stuff, so I'm sure the lens was added digitally.

Like this, they probably had to remove the padding too
0903_hbkp_06_z+dot_approved_motorcycle_helmets+USA_helmet.jpg

where they cut the face area out above the snaps. Here's a screencap.

Helmet1.png

You can see the green tracking points here as well.

Look at paragear.com
The skydiving helmets they list there are usually a lot thinner/tight fitting than the bigger motorcycle/moped helmets.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back