Sherlock Coat opinions/info?

Alright...I don't know if it's because I'm tired or what...but I'm a tad lost. :rolleyes

There's the CosplaySky coat...and then there's these 2 coats from costume-shop-2008 on fleabay (Coat 1 / Coat 2)

What are the opinions on these three, comparitively speaking. I've never been impressed with CosplaySky's coats...their lapels are always way out of whack and too 70's looking. :eek

Thoughts?

I can't speak to the other two, but I own the cosplaysky coat and I absolutely love it. It's heavy, it's cut well, and it feels great on.

The pictures above are of that coat- mostly details because people were asking but there are a few of the coat itself and I would definitely recommend it.

The only other thing I ordered from cosplaysky was a sith outfit so I don't know about the lapels, but the Sherlock coat is awesome in that respect- it holds up really well too to collar popping, since that's how I usually wear it. :) Gotta go for the cheekbone, high collar look ;)

Just from looking, they all seem to have different strengths and weakness.
I think the cosplaysky one has the best looking wool, but the abby workshop on has the best collar. The 3rd one has the best buttons and the rear belt looks much improved too, but it's pleats are lackluster. The abbys workshop coat pleats have that severe fold to them, which is good.

Oh, misswolverine - does it say what the wool blend *is* and what percentage is wool on a tag?

Unfortunately I don't have the coat with me so I can't check... But I'm not sure if it does anyway. There aren't any tags or anything on it that I can remember. :/

I guess you have to just go with your gut feeling? Whichever one you like the look of the most?

When you decide you'll have to show us pictures! :)

No prob! Still I don't know if I, personally, can rock the long coat.

I got the Moriarty tie. May do that costume. If I had 1000 for the Vivianne Westwood suit.

Sure you can do the long coat! It's really fun! :)
You just have to channel that Sherlock swagger!

Then again I live in the SF Bay area where it's pretty cold most of the time, but I'd say do it!

Oh man. The tie sounds awesome! Yeah I can't even imagine having the suit. hahaha Westwood!

These were the Magnoli swatches offered; none of which really fit the bill for me.

116swatches.jpg

Yeah, they're all too bright, and it certainly shouldn't be herringbone, the only one that is AT THE LEAST possible to pss, would be the third one, but it's still MILES away from being accurate.

Hmm, i do wonder however, wether that windowpane check that can be seen is something the scanner made, or a part of the fabric, because if it's the latter, that won't work.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back