The RPF 2012 Halloween Costume Contest - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Re: *** the RPF 2012 Halloween Costume Contest ***

I am new here, and I made a completed costume thread not too long ago. I feel odd about making a progress thread so soon over the same build. Seems like I am begging for comments, lol.

Not at all! It's a requirement for the contest so go right ahead! :thumbsup

Contest Rules and Submissions:
)NEW FOR 2012! You MUST have a build thread for your entry!

promotes favoritism ??

If I Like Oranges Build Im going to be all over it?? you see, I see what you are looking for legitimate build Also what if I bought a costume from another member or a build or forum ??

:popcorn:thumbsup

well being a noob here, i was gonna try to enter my Bane costume i put together, but ive seen Ryan's build and its too awesome to compete with. maybe next yr...excited to see this tho :)

Dude enter this is about showing off your costume, I would love to see another couple Bane's in this contest!!

I havent been able to post my "Proof" picture yet as I havent been able to shave my head for it. I will be posting it in a few days unless its ok for me to stand next to the mannequin with my costume on it?

promotes favoritism ??

If I Like Oranges Build Im going to be all over it?? you see, I see what you are looking for legitimate build Also what if I bought a costume from another member or a build or forum ??

:popcorn:thumbsup

I don't see how it promotes favouritism. Every voter will know who is who in the voting gallery so adding the build thread requirement changes nothing but context.

I'm afraid for the rest of that comment I'm unsure what your question is?

I havent been able to post my "Proof" picture yet as I havent been able to shave my head for it. I will be posting it in a few days unless its ok for me to stand next to the mannequin with my costume on it?

It's gotta be you in the costume according to the rules so this year I'm going to stick to that. :)

No rush though, you can post the proof any time before the contest closes. :thumbsup

Just out of curiosity, will the results be hidden until after voting is closed this time? I wasn't a member during the Halloween costume contest last year, but I've browsed over the old threads, and it seems that people being able to see the results during the voting period cause a bit of nastyness. Hiding the results from everyone until voting has been concluded sounds like a better way to go.

As for me, I plan on creating a thread for my costume entry some time this week. I'm really excited to show the RPF community what I've been working so hard on! And while I realize that people are going to "campaign" for votes via Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr, I've decided I will not be doing any of that for this contest. Simply put, if my costume is going to win this contest, I want it to be because it's what our RPF members voted for. When people start "campaigning" through their various online outlets for votes, it becomes less about who worked the hardest/built the best costume, and more about who has the most online friends/followers. Just my two cents.

Anywho, the entries so far look great, and I can't wait to see more! Good luck to everyone entering!!! :)

Just out of curiosity, will the results be hidden until after voting is closed this time? I wasn't a member during the Halloween costume contest last year, but I've browsed over the old threads, and it seems that people being able to see the results during the voting period cause a bit of nastyness. Hiding the results from everyone until voting has been concluded sounds like a better way to go.

Personally I'm in favour of having them hidden until the end but I have yet to receive an answer to this one. I don't even know if it's possible to do but as soon as I hear I'll let you guys know!

well being a noob here, i was gonna try to enter my Bane costume i put together, but ive seen Ryan's build and its too awesome to compete with. maybe next yr...excited to see this tho :)

It's gotta be you in the costume according to the rules so this year I'm going to stick to that. :)

No rush though, you can post the proof any time before the contest closes. :thumbsup

Orange thanks for the clarification, I should have a event coming up and will make sure to take a pic for "proof"

if I bought a costume from another member > Can I use it I dont have a build thread ?

I don't see how it promotes favouritism. Every voter will know who is who in the voting gallery so adding the build thread requirement changes nothing but context.

I'm afraid for the rest of that comment I'm unsure what your question is?

Personally I'm in favour of having them hidden until the end but I have yet to receive an answer to this one. I don't even know if it's possible to do but as soon as I hear I'll let you guys know!

Second that..

if I bought a costume from another member > Can I use it I dont have a build thread ?

Ah. No you cannot. A build thread is required for this contest as well as the entrant has to have worked on the costume. This is from the first build thread requirement:

First, you must create a build thread, here in the Replica Costume Forum with the title: "[Your board name]'s 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry"

In the first post of your thread, tell us about your costume, how you created it, any challenges you faced along the way and any details about the costume that you are particularly proud of having created. While it is not required, we'd also like you to include a little about your skill and experience as a costume builder and any tips you might like to share. This is also an opportunity for you to show off in progress images of your costume as well as additional images of your finished costume (as you can only post ONE photo in the gallery for your entry.)

Quick question...

I know it says the proof picture must read "RPF Costume Contest 2012." Well, I may have forgotten the "2012," in my picture...is this a huge problem?

Thread is here, pics on page 3.

http://www.therpf.com/f24/looper-young-joe-costume-blunderbuss-build-updated-159685/index3.html

:lol Go back and lay in the field again!!!

Since this is the first year that the "proof pic" is a requirement I'll be lenient and say that's okay. Next year though be sure to write 2013 on there! ;)

If you really wanted brownie points you could put the costume on again at home and snap a quick shot with a note that said "I meant to add 2012 to that". I'd find it funny anyway. :lol

Everyone, don't forget to name your thread properly! We don't want anyone disqualified because of some silly small thing. :)

If you already have a build thread create a new one that fulfills the requirements.

Ah. No you cannot. A build thread is required for this contest as well as the entrant has to have worked on the costume. This is from the first build thread requirement:

I understand you know there will tons of crazy questions on this..

Example:
so if you buy a masked rider setup and work on it do a thread on the work does that count ?

Are we (Donrobert & I) eligible to join here? well, the account is under my name, but most of the builds are his costume so... just asking. ha ha

Example:
so if you buy a masked rider setup and work on it do a thread on the work does that count ?

It'll be assessed on a case by case basis but for the most part if you make modifications and actually work on the costume it should be fine.

If anyone is unsure forward it to me and we'll make a ruling ahead of time so that you guys can know.

Are we (Donrobert & I) eligible to join here? well, the account is under my name, but most of the builds are his costume so... just asking. ha ha

One entry per user. If he has a costume that he wants to enter he'll have to do so under his username. :)

By all means though in his build thread he can link to yours talking about his costume. Just make sure that all the requirements are in his thread. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back