Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

Forgive me if this has been covered but what size person are these files for? Im 5'7". Most of the files is see out there are for a 6'+ person.
you can resize the templates and adjust to your size with a pepakura program ,but ,not with pepakura viewer

and you need fix the best template for you ,a4 or letter format for you printer

regards!

Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

This is my first build so im clueless on this.

What's the difference between letter and a4?

I also would like to finish this for Halloween So I don't have time for trial and error

I also would like to finish this for Halloween So I don't have time for trial and error

I think that's going to be difficult if you've never done this before. I'm new to this as well and it took me about 3 months just to complete the build phase. But if you have a lot of spare time to devote to it, it may be possible. But you'll probably have to cut a few corners.

Last edited:

Just wanted to share what I'm using hopefully it'll help.

Here is a quick demo of how flexible it is, and it doesn't peel off too.

Before the punishment. (The neck seal really does have those scratches)

430124_370015986342734_100000030081087_1519896_70728881_n.jpg

The punishment.

422153_370016043009395_100000030081087_1519897_2016760046_n.jpg

After the punishment.

421808_370016079676058_100000030081087_1519898_1607367829_n.jpg

The stuff I'm using is this. Don't know if it is available everywhere though.
396232_370016109676055_100000030081087_1519899_322663994_n.jpg

You apply it with a brush, completely seals the foam and removes holes. About 5-6 coats will do. Best thing about it is if there is an existing layer of paint on the piece, no need to scrape it off. Just brush it on and it will look new again.

424361_370016149676051_100000030081087_1519900_1240926560_n.jpg

:thumbsup

Where in the PH did you buy that?

Quick question. Do the MKVI files fit on the MKIV chest? Like..The back and shoulders?

Forgive me if this has been covered but what size person are these files for? Im 5'7". Most of the files is see out there are for a 6'+ person.

Anyone? I just cut out the templates from cardboard for the mark vi chest and they seem to fit a child. What size are the default files for?

In one of the past pages (I'm not going to look it up) there is a "formula" for scaling. What I did is measured myself and once I figured out the almost, I set the scale at that. I am 6ft3 and 220lbs so, I used 26.6 and came out pretty good, although the biceps and the thighs were each about 3/4 inches too long. Its a bit of trial and error, but, I sure wouldnt go with a 26.6 if you are only 5ft7

That is why i am asking about the default scale. Someone made the files so someone knows what size person the default files fit

I understand scaling and how to scale i get it but thats not my question

That is why i am asking about the default scale. Someone made the files so someone knows what size person the default files fit

I understand scaling and how to scale i get it but thats not my question

someone made the files, doesn't mean everything fits a person of a specific height perfectly.

it's from a 3d model. Not templates made on someone's actual wearable suit.

I just began the to make my War machine rmor and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I can get most of the helmet built but then pieces don't fit. The only thing I seem to succeed at is getting fustrated and burns from hot glue. Anyone know how I can ensure agood pattern and tips to assemble them so I don't waste foam and time? How do I measure the helmet so that I can resize the template? Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone live in Idaho near boise that can help me?

Oh forgot, How should I start assembling the helmet? What should I start with and build from there?

I just began the to make my War machine rmor and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I can get most of the helmet built but then pieces don't fit. The only thing I seem to succeed at is getting fustrated and burns from hot glue. Anyone know how I can ensure agood pattern and tips to assemble them so I don't waste foam and time? How do I measure the helmet so that I can resize the template? Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone live in Idaho near boise that can help me?

It's been said before and I think it's wise advice. Don't start with the helmet. I did that too and never got good results. So I put it aside and moved on to other pieces. You'll get better at it as you go and by the time you finish the suit, you'll be much more likely to get a helmet you'll be happy with.

How do I scale my templates to fit me? I'm 5' 6" tall and been trying to figure out how to use my Pepakura designer to scale it for me. I know Stealth in one video with the gauntlet said to measure the top of Wrist to (I think) elbow but I'm wondering about the others. Is there a illustration or istructions on how to do this? :confused I don't want to try the hit/miss with the armor scaling.

Thank you

Quick question. Do the MKVI files fit on the MKIV chest? Like..The back and shoulders?

so long as they are both scaled properly then they will fit. the chest is the only real difference.

Hey guys! I'm new here and I just started my first build ever a few days ago, using the templates here. I am using some fairly thick foam, but I think it's coming out ok. A few questions:

-What did colors did you use exactly for the painting process? And did you use spray paint?
-Will these all fit me? I am having a little trouble with the neck and helmet fitting me :(

so long as they are both scaled properly then they will fit. the chest is the only real difference.

Great, thanks!. I guess they will fit just fine then. I'm working with the default files. I asked because the only file available of the MKIV is the chest one, the others all belong to the MKVI. But i guess they are pretty much the same

This is my first build so im clueless on this.

What's the difference between letter and a4?

the only diference is the standart size used in your country

the A4 size is the most used in europe ,but letter size is used in many others countries USA for example.

you can make some test
pepakura and papercraft is only for patience persons ,hahahahah:behave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back