Doop de doop!
Partial-thrown-together-test-fitting tiiiimee! ( What can I say? I've always liked spoilers. )
A few notes: This isn't the skirt fabric I'll be using for the final product. The 'puff' sleeves literally just have hair elastics around the bottoms so they're slightly twisted and the pink sleeves are just thrown on. And yes. It's heavily Photoshopped cause I'm almost ready for some well earned sleep!
I put a zipper up the back for functionality. I know it's inaccurate, her blouse buttons up the back and the corset laces in the front...which actually doesn't make sense 'cause her sleeves are animated as attached to her corset ... so I guess it's open for interpretation as to what's separate pieces! I am not happy with this decision because the zipper I got is so off colour and it was the closest I could find... But I choose to make my costumes in a way I can dress and undress myself, so that's that. Thank goodness the fat braid will hide it anyways!
The bodice looks so small off, but on it's still too long! I'm pretty short and the 3/4 length skirt doesn't do anything for that, so the higher the waistline, the longer the bottom half will look. My main concern is getting it to cinch in at my actual waist instead of mid hips. Thank goodness I didn't TOTALLY finish the bottom of the bodice yet. @_@ Also have to make it tighter since it fits but not as snug as I'd like it to be ( you can see it bulging above my hand on the right ).
I feel like I'm in the home stretch now that the new sleeves and the hardest parts are done though.
Just have to...
- attach the long sleeves, paint them ( in a time pinch, they'll eventually be embroidered by hand )
- revise the back and bottom of bodice
- embroider eyelets on corset
- make the purple skirt next week, which is ACTUALLY something that is easy. Might have to paint it with washable paint for the holiday...again it's something that's going to be totally embroidered by hand if I can make it...if not, I want the designs to be temporary so I'm not embroidering over different coloured paint.
AND THEN I'LL BE DONE!!
It's a race against the clock!
To do AFTER Halloween
- re-order center panel fabric in a darker, higher contrast design
- embroider...EVERYTHING that doesn't get embroidered!
- buy a quadrillion long wigs to attach into one monstrously long straight glowy wig. Muahaha!