Hi everyone! To keep my current and fave photos at the forefront, I've decided to place them here. Enjoy!!
And this is me not caring that I'm the worst procrastinator in the history of the world and didn't finish them completely for Halloween. ( Actually, it does bother me... but at least now I have something to continue working on! )
For the record, the circle lens contacts actually made my eyes look smaller and beady. Wtf. So this photo is when I decided to go without them the second night.
Though it's mostly a male dominated board, perhaps some ladies will be interested in following. Either way, I'm making this thread anyways to update alongside Zlurpo's Flynn since I'm now ecstatic to see another Tangled fan on here!
The above is the image I choose to work my colours off of ( except the hair in the braided version...since I'm wearing this out for Halloween, it would be very, VERY tangled by the end of the night and a big fat waste of $40 ).
Needless to say, this project is going to be a BIG one. With a lot of hair. I purchased 4 120 inch golden blonde wigs which I started to make into a braid and then after one portion decided to change my plan of attack...so no real updates there until I re-do it the way I'm going to keep it.
It will be done, however, by making beige-blonde coloured sleeves for foam strips ( about 3-4 inches wide and about 1.75 inches thick ) and then attaching wefts around the widths in intervals. The 'sleeves' are just to cover any white that may show through the hair. I'd rather have a slightly thin layer of hair with a coloured base as opposed to a 7 lb wig ( which I've heard many girls' are ). The foam is pretty much weightless and the one tube which I wrapped in hair ( the method that was scrapped ) remains pretty close to weightless so so far, so good! I have high hopes for this ginormous wig and usually, somehow, I miraculously pull it off so here's hoping. I think that even if I stuck with my original plan it would've looked alright... I just want the hair to fall in the right direction.. >_>
Before........ After coming soon....
The skirt is an orchid coloured satin which I've decided to sacrifice my sanity for since I'll be hand embroidering all of the details on. It's a bit shinier than I wanted it to be, but I couldn't be happier with the colour.
The slip is an actual slip, which is basically the only thing I have done right now...sort of. Also changed my attack plan here and going to attach it to the actual purple skirt waistband to keep the trim in line with the bottom of the top skirt. I find as two pieces, the levels of waistbands can shift around causing too much white too show at the bottom in an uneven manner. NOT GOOD ENOUGH!
I bought the crown from the Disney store, which was supposed to look like this:
Or this ( the parks version the face characters use ):
But instead looked like this:
Looks like it's made of popcorn strings, right? That's what I though, anyways. So I popped off all of the 'pearls' and replaced them with crystallized Swarovski elements and now it looks like this:
I'll be adding a couple of the pieces that are missing on the replica from the original...
The only problem I'm having here is that I'd like to replace the three large tear shaped crystals with something seethrough instead of the flatbacks glued onto the metal frame... but I have no idea how to cut through the metal frame to do this. They don't look TERRIBLE, but for accuracy's sake, I'd like them to be see through...
And now my favourite part...
The bodice and center panel of the skirt are going to be made with custom printed fabric. Designed the prints in photoshop and having them done by Spoonflower. This is also the second set I'm having shipped as the first one came out too faint and basically pink, which I got to be lilac with a light blue dye... but the pattern isn't noticeable enough for the amount of work I put into it.
These are actually the same fabric... just different flash settings.
And here are the new swatches which are on the way!!
I doubt these will print the colours I have so I'll be doing some retouching in dyes to match closer to what I'd like.
Can not WAIT to get back from Vegas and start on the bodice and finish up the skirt!
I have really high hopes for this costume and I'm going detail crazy so with the amount of work going into it, I'm sure I'll be rezzing this thread every other day.