Question about smoothing iron man helmet details...

jmgrice

Sr Member
I have a couple of questions.

What tools are the best for the flat lines on the iron man helmet? I have needle files but for the eyes there doesnt seem to be much room in some of the crevasses even for a needle file. For example the left and right sides of the eyes.

Also.
How do you go about bondoing very small lips or the eye sockets themselved? I can paste it on with a small spreader that I made but it doesnt get right in the nooks and crannys and never goes on that smooth. Not to the point where I can see me getting an even finish anyway.

Is there any tips on not ruining the eyes shape and keeping a nice prominent line when needed rather then rounding off? Like the eyes and also the top two cuts in the helmet. Above and either side of the main vent. Ive got a dremel but most tools are circular cut and I cant get it to square off

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Someone mentioned that they use a jigsaw blade to get straight squared grooves. The higher the tooth count the better. He said to get into the corners he used the non-blade corners of it, since they were still relatively sharp.

bosch-jigsaw-blades-for-metal1.jpg

As for filling nooks and crannys, grab spot filler. It's easier to apply, especially in small quantities.

56-spot_putty_tools.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back