Subscribe
    Jan 31, 2012, 11:07 PM - Quality of South Beach Leather's leather #1

Hey there everypeople!

For a long time I've been looking for a replica of Morpheus' coat from The Matrix films:

Link: http://www.myfreewallpapers.net/movi...reloaded.shtml

Look at that beast, it's awesome! The long double breasted design with the croc pattern leather, simply stunning. Now unfortunately I came to the costume replicas scene a bit late and I missed the Abbyshot train. As a matter of fact, the only place that does sell it is South Beach Leather.

I'm fully aware of SBL's shameful status as a replica site but what is the quality of their material? They have the croc skin pattern I'm looking for and I'm thinking of contacting them to ask if I can just buy a few yards of that and having it sent away to someone (possibly Baron Boutique if they're up for it) to get a decent replica made.

So, does anyone know if that will be worth it? I'm aware that even if I do ask for the material there's a small chance they'll sell to me but I'd like to know if it's worth trying.

Thanks in advance!
    CorriTimigan
    Last edited by CorriTimigan; Jun 6, 2012 at 8:54 AM.
    From
    Sussex, UK.
    Sep 10, 2012, 8:44 AM - Re: Quality of South Beach Leather's leather #2

I've just received a full length replica coat from South Beach Leather and I really have to give them praise for the item! It is beyond what I expected and I am over the moon with their timescale, price and workmanship!!!!

They are a it slow in replying but I really have to say they do come through!
    From
    Middlesbrough, UK
    Sep 10, 2012, 8:49 AM - Re: Quality of South Beach Leather's leather #3

Quality is pretty gd. Accuracy isnt. Comms are ok, esp.ly if u post openly on their fb
    From
    Lake Mary, FL
    Sep 19, 2012, 2:07 PM - Re: Quality of South Beach Leather's leather #4

A few years back I purchased Spike's leather trenchcoat from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The fit is alright, but the leather is not soft. It's too rigid and feels something a businessman would wear.
    From
    Texas
    Sep 19, 2012, 3:12 PM - Re: Quality of South Beach Leather's leather #5

I bought a S Shield jacket from them. I would say it was very high quality. Just order it a bit bigger than you would expect.
    Nov 18, 2012, 3:27 AM - Re: Quality of South Beach Leather's leather #6

I must apologise for not replying myself, somehow I managed to unsubscribe from my own thread and didn't see all this until now. Thanks for taking to time to reply!

So from what I can gather, the general consensus is that they make moderately decent, if not terribly accurate clothing. For the price of this particular coat I feel that probably doesn't surprise me. Perhaps I'll give them a chance.
    I wasn't originally going to actually buy their coat at all, but it doesn't look THAT bad. . . I'm not a stickler for screen accuracy anyway.

It appears the worst case scenario is I get a fairly cool looking coat that may be a bit on the stiff side. Leather generally softens over time though, doesn't it? I'm seriously considering giving them a go.

Anubis said: View Post
    I've just received a full length replica coat from South Beach Leather and I really have to give them praise for the item! It is beyond what I expected and I am over the moon with their timescale, price and workmanship!!!!

They are a it slow in replying but I really have to say they do come through!
    Did you get Morpheus's coat or another? Either way, may I ask to see some pictures of you wearing it? I'd like to see how their coats fare outside of their website.
    Given their reputation, you might understand my hesitation :P