predator costume for my son, video added page 2

frosty

Sr Member
Well after my six year old saw the pred suit i was making, he decided he wanted to be a pred for halloween, but the stuff i had was much to big, so i decided to make him one from scratch
I took his old power rangers costume and cut the legs off and replaced the legs with pyjama bottoms, i then painted them with a latex based paint, over that i sponged pros-aide and let that dry, i then airbrushed fw acrylic inks over that for the predators spots and shading, i added armor parts from the suit moulds i had, just chopped down to fit.
Heres what i had after a couple of hours
IMG_0001-3.jpg

I then built a backback with the cannon on it, the cannon moves left and right and is an old security camera i had, i dressed everything up with kitbashed bits and bobs
IMG_0010-2.jpg

The mask was a thin styrene thing i bought from ebay, sold as adult sized yet was just big enough for my son, i backed it with fibreglass and padded it inside, the dreads were soaker hose cut down and slingshot rubber put inside so they would move better, dread rings were made of latex and covered the breaks, worked well
nickyebay012.jpg

Heres the nearly finished suit
nickyebay004.jpg

I made gauntlets with flashing lights inside, once again the tops came from the suit moulds, bottoms were pringle cans with latex and resin detail parts
nickyebay007.jpg

nickyebay008.jpg

I need to colour the arms a bit more, add the netting and a couple more lights, then its done, he loves it and can't wait for halloween, here he is doing his poses
nickyebay013.jpg

nickyebay003.jpg

Last edited:
Re: predator costume for my son

Man... I can't wait to have that feeling.

Ok, well yes i mean to HAVE a kid for one...

But I'm talking about knowing that EVERY kid in the daggum city's costumes aren't anywhere near as awesome as my kids'!!

GREAT work bud!

Awesome work ... makes MY kids wonder why their dad can't do the same. :p

Oh, and my wife says SHE wants one now. ;)

ATM
ShackMan

I'd love to see a pic of you and you son, both in Pred suits, doing the Dr. Evil pinky finger thing- "I shall call him Mini-Me":lol

Seriously though, GREAT work!

That is one awesome Yautja!!! Great work on building that suit frosty!!!

Tim.

thanks everyone, yeah its been a fun project, he loves avp and batman dead end, i haven't let him watch the others yet, and i think the latest movie looks to gruesome so he won't see that for a while
As for me getting the pred suit on, well, i don't think the letting himself go couch potato pred look would go down well!, i am making a statue though

That is f--ing incredible. I thought when I was a kid I was lucky when my dad made costumes for me. There couldn't have been a kid with a better costume for fifty miles.

Im without words.

after seeing pauls sons wonderful TK and Mantis's daughters awesome MC, and now this... Im going to have to call my dad and yell at him! :lol

Any of you guys need an over 30 year old son? :angel

Seriously RPF dads? Best dads EVER! :thumbsup

Dang!

It's puts the one I made for my son last year to shame!

I wish I knew how to paint like that!

Fantastic job!

OMG! That is amazing work. :thumbsup

I am sure your son really appreciates this. He'll be scaring the pants off everyone in the neighborhood.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back