Petro956-Bumblebee Transformer 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry

Petro956

I have build an 8 foot bumblebee transformer costume. It was built with carboard but had to remake most of it out of foam. The legs are the only ones that i have not gotten around to remaking them out of foam. It took me 6 months of work to finish it. The greatest challenge for me was how to make myself 8 feet tall. Stilts were too pricy and I wasn't so sure they could withstand the weight of the entire costume. I was able to finally finish it and here is the end result. Let me know what you all think.

Last edited:
Re: Bumblebee Transformer 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry

I have build an 8 foot bumblebee transformer costume. It was built with carboard but had to remake most of it out of foam. The legs are the only ones that i have not gotten around to remaking them out of foam. It took me 6 months of work to finish it. The greatest challenge for me was how to make myself 8 feet tall. Stilts were too pricy and I wasn't so sure they could withstand the weight of the entire costume. I was able to finally finish it and here is the end result. Let me know what you all think.

thats awesome but what Ive read for entry ya got to show a proof pic too:)

Great build bud, but make sure you take a closer look at the rules to make sure your costume qualifies. I haven't read them in-depth as I have nothing to submit but I think you might be missing a few of the key elements for a qualifying submission.

yeah that is absoloutley fantastic... great work! but...... as mentioned you need to post a pic holding your username on here and a build thread with pics of you making the costume in stages etc, regardless of the comp though this is a mighty impressive costume

Thanks for the comments....I do plan on holding up the sign with the entry year for this halloween costume contest. I just need to take the pic and post it on the entry folder.

Thanks for the comments....I do plan on holding up the sign with the entry year for this halloween costume contest. I just need to take the pic and post it on the entry folder.

Well from what I'm looking at as well it requires a build thread as well.

Does that mean I have to put up pics of the costume as it was being built?

:thumbsupPetro, that costume is Incredible!! You must have got the legs really stable to stomp around in that beast and not take a tumble. Good luck in the contest mate!

yeh petro, you need to post up the process etc to show that you built it, explaining thing etc... it's a shame you haven't already done one as you was doin it. would've been great to see it coming along, but yeah get the process posted and you should be good to go :)

Petro, I can see you chose to hang the arms from your backpack. I like that method, it releases most of the pressure on your arms, when your just standing around. I am wondering, can you rotate your forearms at the elbow ?
I am guessing, but it looks like your head is not in BB's head, if that's so, I am assuming you cannot look straight down, how far of an angel can you see?
Sorry for the questions, but I run a YouTube Chanel called " Extreme Costumes" and I always LOVE to see others people making cool stuff, never mind Awesome Bumblebees
Oh one more question...how much does it weigh?

Thanks for ur comment BumblebeeRecyd...I'm actually holding bumblebees forerams and as for my head...well it is exactly where you see bb's head and i can see just fine. As for the weight, well its total weight is probably around 50-60 pds, give or take.

wow, that's GREAT !! So that means you do not really have any Bicep, just like in my last BB. More mobility, but it becomes a strain constantly "holding" the arms.
For my latest one, I molded EVA foam so tightly over my own forarms, that I can let go of the arm handles and still have them stay

BumblebeeRecycd, I was wondering if you have an idea of how i can make my forearms hang from the biceps without the weight of the arms pulling down on it. Let me know if you have an idea of how i can go about it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back