The Perfectionists Ironman Mark VII - Large Update on Page 2 (OCT28)

Michael Wessels

Hey guys, I am just kinda getting into my Mark VI build, I know it is very popular at the moment, and after building a bit I can see why. This is my first real build so it should be a leaning experience. I am however quite the perfectionist, but that doesn't mean it will be the most movie accurate. More a perfectionist in how I saw it coming together, meaning things like symmetry and finish are things that bug me a lot.

Anyway, like most I am going the pep route, for the helmet. We will see what I choose when I get to the body. Here are a few pictures of what I have done to date.

The Jaw took me about 7 hours to put together, last Sunday, and since then I have put in about 2 hours a night, so about 8 hours on the faceplate. Hope you like it, any tips/comments are appreciated :)
You can see the tester I put together before doing this, just to see how it would look (and I kinda thought it was the actual file when I started)

Last edited:
Re: The Perfectionists Ironman Mark VI

That is some nice clean lines. Look great so far! Yes pep can take a while but when done right it can look amazing and looks like your off to a great start. Keep it up, I will be watching your work.

Great stuff mate! MKVI is the best suit i think.

I also started with card and thought i might aswell just buy a few more packs and do the whole suit in it. Its taking alot of my time and after a couple months i've only just finished the upper half of the body.
Foam would be the quickest root but card is pretty simple to put together.
Heres a pic of where i'm up to.

ironmanupperbody.jpg

Keep us updated mate!

That's a sweet build! I can't even come close. You make me feel like a lazy slob. :p
I'm subscribing to this to keep an eye on your build. Can't wait for more.

Are you doing the abs in separate pieces or one tube?

Great stuff mate! MKVI is the best suit i think.

I also started with card and thought i might aswell just buy a few more packs and do the whole suit in it. Its taking alot of my time and after a couple months i've only just finished the upper half of the body.
Foam would be the quickest root but card is pretty simple to put together.
Heres a pic of where i'm up to.

Keep us updated mate!

Yeah, I actually have been creeping your thread haha, I think I will most likely go the same route, maybe make a duct tape mannequin of myself. We will see.

That's a sweet build! I can't even come close. You make me feel like a lazy slob. :p
I'm subscribing to this to keep an eye on your build. Can't wait for more.

Are you doing the abs in separate pieces or one tube?

I really have no idea how I am doing the abs at the moment, I haven't really looked at plans for the body, but I will soon.

That is some nice clean lines. Look great so far! Yes pep can take a while but when done right it can look amazing and looks like your off to a great start. Keep it up, I will be watching your work.

Thanks! I Hope I can keep everthing nice and crisp!

I really have no idea how I am doing the abs at the moment, I haven't really looked at plans for the body, but I will soon.

I was just asking because it seems everyone does it different. I'm doing a partial build for a con in 3 weeks in a genderbender design, but will do a full suit later on by adding the missing parts. I have no idea how to tackle the midsection to allow for fluid motion and, y'know, sitting sometimes.

From one anal guy to another (can we say that?!?) .. Keep up the good work!

I was just asking because it seems everyone does it different. I'm doing a partial build for a con in 3 weeks in a genderbender design, but will do a full suit later on by adding the missing parts. I have no idea how to tackle the midsection to allow for fluid motion and, y'know, sitting sometimes.

Oh that is cool, I have never been to a con or any gathering of any sort haha, I am excited to go to NY Maker faire in September. I will most likely, for the abs, do some sort of multi-piece section, maybe have sliding pieces of some sort to allow them to fold over one another, like lobster plates in medieval armor.

Ooh it's beautiful :) I love perfectionists. Can I ask whose file you're using?

Thanks! I am working on the back piece now and there are some crazy pieces. The file I am using is Sharkman VI unfolded by Dubean33. It is the one most people are using. I downloaded it from the 405th forum at:
Iron Man Mark 6 Hd Pepakura Project

Aww now I'm facepalming. I was deciding between building the Sharkhead model and the Dungbeetle model and I picked the Dungbeetle for separate sections even though I wanted this model's detail. Now I see there are separate sections in the Sharkhead model. D'oh! Thank you very much Michael. I appreciate it. Keep up the great build!

Aww now I'm facepalming. I was deciding between building the Sharkhead model and the Dungbeetle model and I picked the Dungbeetle for separate sections even though I wanted this model's detail. Now I see there are separate sections in the Sharkhead model. D'oh! Thank you very much Michael. I appreciate it. Keep up the great build!

Thanks! I will keep you guys updated! should be able to finish pepping this weekend!

Here is a quick update. I started working on the main body of the helmet, and have probably put in about 7 hours so far. Here is where I stand.

So I have hit a small snag. I started building the back of the helment with the large top piece that has the rail grooves in it. I built that pretty far, attaching most pieces onto it. I then started from the bottom of the back piece and built a few pieces on it. Now I have one piece which is supposed to connect them and the top is more square than the bottom. Not to mention, som tabs didn't line up properly on the bottom as you can see in the pictures.

I will probably attach the two today, and if it looks bad, I will redo it. Or if it bugs me, which it already has started to do.

My worst fears have been realized. The two pieces did not fit. As I suspected from the beginning of the back piece, it has large bumps and creases to make it fit, and drove me up the wall. Frustrating.

I will print it out again and start over. darn haha, I'll keep you posted, if I don't burn the house down first haha.

Ok, so this morning/Late last night I started the back piece again. This time I started at the bottom of it and have worked my way up. I have made considerable progress in probably around 4 hours. Let me know what you think. It is near perfect right now, for matching tabs.
attachment.php

Last edited:

So I didn't get as much time this weekend to work on the second attempt of the back piece.

So far I have the first two tiers and the ear sections done. I am pleased to announce though, that every sing tab is aligned correctly through the entire piece so far. Which is MUCH better than previously.

attachment.php

Need help from you. I have some problems with the scale on pepakura, i think im as tall as you are, please tell me how tall are you and which scale did you use on pepakura scale.
Thansk.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back