Pepakura Viewer 3 for Silhouette CAMEO

I was able to solve the accuracy problem by adjusting the width measurement in the distance between registration marks. PVfC says the width should be 195mm for this model, but I had to bump it up 196mm.

It's now cutting just as (or more) accurately than I can by hand. It takes about three minutes to cut a page of very complex shapes. Time to get pepping!!

Here is a shot of the output, still stuck to the Cameo sticky mat:
a517340a.jpg

I'll make a separate thread on what I had to do to get Windows 7 to recognize the Cameo controller as a printer driver.

Excellent that you got the problem solved :), my Cameo is arriving TODAY so I'm rather excited to "play" with it. I'm rather interested to see how it will go for me, as I have to set up on my Mac, then using Parallels get it to recognize it as a printer. However I'm sure it's worth the extra effort!

Excellent that you got the problem solved :), my Cameo is arriving TODAY so I'm rather excited to "play" with it. I'm rather interested to see how it will go for me, as I have to set up on my Mac, then using Parallels get it to recognize it as a printer. However I'm sure it's worth the extra effort!

You may run into the same issues I did, getting the Windows machine to recognize the driver. Although, if you're running a VM you're probably already technically astute enough to solve the issue, but I'll post what happened to me for those that can't get it working.

When you install Pepakura Viewer for Cameo, it installs the controller software for Cameo. However, Windows doesn't always pick up the driver. So after you've printed your registered sheets, and you want to "print" to the Cameo cutter, it's not listed in the printer selection drop down.

Go to Control Panel -> Devices and Printers:

You'll probably see a device in the "Unspecified" section called "USB Printer Support".

cameo1.png

Right click on that device, and select "Properties".

Select the SilhouetteCameo, and then "Properties"
cameo6.png

Then you need to click on "Change Settings" and select the "Driver" tab:
cameo7.png

Then click "Update Driver". If this button is grey'd out, you didn't hit "change settings". Back up one step.
cameo4.png

After you click "Update driver" pick the option to select a driver and browse to the Silhouette CD (I don't have a screen shot of this).

It should find these two drivers, pick the correct one for your operating sytem (32 or 64 bit):
cameo8.png

You may hit the security warning, so select "Install Anyway":
cameo9.png

And your Cameo should be installed. It should now show up in the "print" pulldown in Pep Viewer for Cameo.

I won't be needing that but it will definitely help other folks; thanks! Since I have a VM set up, I install it on the OS X side of things and Bonjour Print Sharer makes it available on Windows, otherwise there's no way I can print from Windows. Though I may set up the Cameo on my Windows 7 desktop, I haven't decided quite yet.

I won't be needing that but it will definitely help other folks; thanks! Since I have a VM set up, I install it on the OS X side of things and Bonjour Print Sharer makes it available on Windows, otherwise there's no way I can print from Windows. Though I may set up the Cameo on my Windows 7 desktop, I haven't decided quite yet.

At the risk of derailing the thread, doesn't Parallels allow you to connect any USB peripheral to the VM (disconnect from host)? I run VMWare Fusion on my mac, and I don't think I've run across any USB peripheral I couldn't expose to the Windows VM.

At the risk of derailing the thread, doesn't Parallels allow you to connect any USB peripheral to the VM (disconnect from host)? I run VMWare Fusion on my mac, and I don't think I've run across any USB peripheral I couldn't expose to the Windows VM.

It should, however seen as the Cameo is a "printer" it may just have to tunnel through Parallels via the Bonjour Printer Share, to the Mac. It really doesn't add to the complication, I just have to make sure it's a shared printer if I can't directly print from Windows via Parallels.

I know this is an old thread, but I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me. I'm using Pepakura Viewer 3 for the Silhouette CAMEO and I'm having problems getting accurate cuts.

I've played around with the "Distance Between Registration Marks" and I've gotten considerably more accurate cuts, but I'm still having trouble getting it to cut right. Also, I can't seem to get the
Silhouette CAMEO to cut on the dashed lines. I went through a ton of cardstock just to get this far. If anyone has some pointers on how to fix these problems I would really appreciate it!

I've included some pictures of my setting and the results I'm getting from them.

1pep.jpg

2pep.jpg

pep3.jpg

DSCN3769-1200.jpg

DSCN3770-1200.jpg

DSCN3772-1200.jpg
DSCN3773-1200.jpg

DSCN3775-1200.jpg

DSCN3774-1200.jpg

You may run into the same issues I did, getting the Windows machine to recognize the driver. Although, if you're running a VM you're probably already technically astute enough to solve the issue, but I'll post what happened to me for those that can't get it working.

When you install Pepakura Viewer for Cameo, it installs the controller software for Cameo. However, Windows doesn't always pick up the driver. So after you've printed your registered sheets, and you want to "print" to the Cameo cutter, it's not listed in the printer selection drop down.

Go to Control Panel -> Devices and Printers:

You'll probably see a device in the "Unspecified" section called "USB Printer Support".

cameo1.png

Right click on that device, and select "Properties".

Select the SilhouetteCameo, and then "Properties"
cameo6.png

Then you need to click on "Change Settings" and select the "Driver" tab:
cameo7.png

Then click "Update Driver". If this button is grey'd out, you didn't hit "change settings". Back up one step.
cameo4.png

After you click "Update driver" pick the option to select a driver and browse to the Silhouette CD (I don't have a screen shot of this).

It should find these two drivers, pick the correct one for your operating sytem (32 or 64 bit):
cameo8.png

You may hit the security warning, so select "Install Anyway":
cameo9.png

And your Cameo should be installed. It should now show up in the "print" pulldown in Pep Viewer for Cameo.

OMG! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!!!! I've been trying to work it out for about the last 2 hours. . . . My PC wouldn't recognize the cameo. Thanks again.

OMG! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!!!! I've been trying to work it out for about the last 2 hours. . . . My PC wouldn't recognize the cameo. Thanks again.

I am trying to do this on Win 8 and it won't install an unsigned driver.... omg I am dying... I want win xp back. so I can't even play with my silhouette cameo because the computer refuses to install the driver... and all the fixes I've been trying are just helping me restart my computer 17 times without results...

giving up again.. will try again tomorrow...

am incredibly jealous of those that have the cameo up and running...

so jealous

For Windows 8:

OPTION 1

Open a Command Prompt (Run as Administrator).

On the command prompt type BCDEDIT /Set LoadOptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS and enter.
A message will say "Command successful"
Now type BCDEDIT /Set TESTSIGNING ON.

If, for any reason, you want to change back to the default, repeat the steps but with the commands
BCDEDIT /Set LoadOptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS and
BCDEDIT /Set TESTSIGNING OFF

Restart the computer.

this changes the driver situation to work like in windows 7 and you will still have to allow the unsigned driver to be installed but it won't just automatically cancel the installation.

Option 2

Open Settings (move your mouse to the top or bottom right corner of the screen and wait for the charm bar to appear, then click the Gear icon)
Click "Change PC Settings"
Click "General"
Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under "Advanced startup"

Click "Troubleshoot"
Click "Advanced Options"
Click "Windows Startup Settings"
Click Restart

When your computer restarts, select "Disable driver signature enforcement" from the list (on my PC it was option 7)

You can now load the unsigned driver and after resetting your computer it should still work.

Are those fixes for windows 8 to recognize the cameo drivers or for the pepakura viewer for cameo silhouette to work with windows 8. I have never had problems with my silhouette and windows, I'm just waiting for the viewer to work with windows 8.

Hello guys. I bought a cameo silhouettes but I have a problem with the files in the cutting of Darkside501, the cut is accurate but not complete, as you can see from my pictures. I tested other pep files that cuts correctly. Specific use ISO A4 paper and the blade exclude a part of the design and the cameo finishes work. Cutted with Pepakura Viewer Cameo full version. Tested on all files pep Darkside. Thanks in advance to all .. I'm desperate. Sorry for my bad english ..
View attachment 177447

Carry a previous conversation to better understand anyone wants to help me .. Thanks in advance
Check to see... are the files converted to A4 in pep designer before you open them in Pep Viewer for Cameo?
II can not verify because Pep designer asks me for a password.. How can I do? How to convert?

All the pieces within the dotted lines on the pages of Pep Viewer for Cameo?
yes

Do you have the correct paper setting in the PV for Cameo?
Yes, ISO A4 with cutting mat

What are the margin settings at Hope you get it figured out.

Both on screen and when I print (A4) I see the image below. I have highlighted the area that does not cut.
P.s. When resize pep on 50% all cut correctly

TNX TNX :cry

View attachment 177579

it looks to me like you have a paper setting wrong somewhere. there are many places to change paper setting and you need to go through all of them and make sure they are all set to a4. I think there are atleast 2 or 3 just in the cameo controller.

THIS THREAD IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HELPFUL!!! I'm a computer retard, but following instructions I've got it to work! Now me to get the rest to work ;)

-Seth

For those having trouble with complete cuts, and all else being equal, try uploading your files to the SD card, and cut that way. It's worlds apart from using the USB cable. :thumbsup

As for accurate registration, well, I just do away with printing it to begin with and just assemble it in conjunction with the Pep viewer. It saves headache, frustration, and time messing with all that nonsense.

For those having trouble with complete cuts, and all else being equal, try uploading your files to the SD card, and cut that way. It's worlds apart from using the USB cable. :thumbsup

As for accurate registration, well, I just do away with printing it to begin with and just assemble it in conjunction with the Pep viewer. It saves headache, frustration, and time messing with all that nonsense.

So basically, you just skip all the printing and just cut it? Like how people don't print out the assemble line numbers? I may give it a go... I haven't been able to get them to line up and I've been working on this b**** for three days now :(

EDIT! Pepakura exports into Bitmap... so will it be possible to align the paper after being printed, with a bitmap image uploaded to the regular cameo program?...

-Seth

Last edited:
Hey, sorry for going on and on about this, but for anyone else having problems with this, found this on the 405th (my hood) and it has helped me IMENSELY)

Silhouette Cameo Cutting Pepakura Demo - YouTube

thanks goes to Spartan 127, one of many great inspirations from that forum. (the same guy with the dog for his avatar that posted a couple posts above ;) )

-Seth

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back