My Tennant Suit... (pic intensive)

Lcars47a

Hi all,
been quite busy with other things so have not been advaning my new sonic screwdriver, and realised that I had not posted any pics of my Tennant suit which I wore for dimensions 2007.
So here goes, It is a pretty good match in terms of the styling, incl the mottled butons, pocket placement , half belt etc. The fabric was a close match, and I am happy with it considering the price that I paid for it.

Anyway pictures...

ColinB.png

NicolaB.png

nice one of the half belt:
dimcon2007-31.jpg

(no that was not drunken dancingwith our dalek to the time warp!)
P1010054.jpg

P1010051.jpg

P1010049.jpg

P1010078.jpg

P1010077.jpg

P1010076.jpg

P1010101.jpg

P1010036.jpg

P1010037.jpg

P1010034.jpg

P1010026.jpg

P1010008rjuurgh.jpg

P1010049.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice!

I think if I went to a Who con I'd have to walk around saying "Doctor, Doctor, Doctor, Doc-tor, Doctor" and nodding my head.

OK, just realised some posts had been added to on this one!
My suit was but together from some brown and blue fabric found in Fenwicks (department store chain in england) about 5 metres for £35. The other odds an ends for the suits were found at local habidashery shops etc. My mam and I set about modifying the pattern according to screencaps etc, so it turned out quite well, slight inaccuracies for the pocket but not bad.
Converse i picked up for £20 in a sale and already had socks. The brown silk tie was found for £5 in a shop and alll other things were found aroun the house.
I am in process of sorting out the Blue suit, and have already found a nice burgundy shirt, red floral tie, the maroon/ burgundy converse and socks. I am still looking for a better quality fabric to make the suit out of- (blue and red)
ANY HELP PLEASE!
Err, also making a new tennant sonic as well, will post pics of it on the prop forum.
Hopefully this should all be ready for BAD WOlf con in july!
(I should have better hair done for then!)

It seems the sock debate goes farther than Indy. I can't remember the episode I spotted it in, but you can all put it to rest, the Doctor wears white socks.

Also, interesting time for this thread to pop back up, I just placed my order for a Magnoli Tennant suit. The third step towards a complete costume.

Great lookin' suit and resemblance to the good Doctor!

Btw, if you can use a flat iron on your hair, that will help achieve "The Doctor" style hair quite easily :)

he pulled off the socks at the same time as the shoes in Smith and jones:

3x01SmithandJones-00711.jpg

He wears maroon socks with the maroon shoes, and brown socks with the white shoes, or at least did in Doomsday.

51.jpg

erm he has worn black (or verk dark brown) socks at times with the brown suit and the off-white shoes, black with the black converse and the maroon with the maroon converse and blue suit.

Btw I've tailored the suit in more and changed the pocket flaps and made the trousers tighter like his. My hair has got better as well!

Currently sourcing improved fabrics for either suit and working on the hallowed coat.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back