My mk6 & mk7 ironman costumes by jfcustoms & quovadis

Picard1471

Been asked to put my finishing process on to either help people or for people to give me ideas I don't mind any criticism as any help is really appreciated to make my build as good as I can make it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 212
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 223
I am using two different processes for painting each of the costumes on the mk7 iam using a product called easy flo 120 and on the mk6 iam using plasti dip in spray cans firstly on both costumes I have covered the foam with three to four coats of pva glue or white glue used at school as I remember :) image.jpg image.jpg

I left the glue to set for 48 hours as I noticed when I did test pieces if I coated over it before this time I noticed it didn't seem to stick right when I went over with the easy flo 120 both ways iam using at this next stage is totally different the plasti dip way is far easier than the easy flo 120

image.jpg image.jpg

This is the first coat of the poly flo 120 really happy with how hard this goes but wow you have to be quick as this product sets after 2 mins ....

I then give this another covering after around 40 mins then leave to fully set over night :)

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Shoulder piece is then primed then I used ford regency red giving this three coats of base coat after each coat I rubbed it down using 1200 grade wet and dry paper then I gave it three coats of lacquer which gives a great shiny look :)

Re: My mk6 & mk7 ironman costumes by jfcustoms & quovadis

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg once the easy flo 120 was added I noticed a few air bubbles so once I primed the abs section I rubbed this down with some 400 wet and dry until smooth I then primed again then rubbed down again but this time with some 1200 wet and dry then used same process to top coat last pic shows finish

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg once the easy flo 120 was added I noticed a few air bubbles so once I primed the abs section I rubbed this down with some 400 wet and dry until smooth I then primed again then rubbed down again but this time with some 1200 wet and dry then used same process to top coat last pic shows finish

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back