My Metroid Armor Build (Progress thread)

Deelite

Just been mostly a lurker, but this is my 2nd armor project. Thanks for all the resource and helpful members here. Based on some of the Pepakura files here, I was able to tweek a set for my use.

I spent three weeks now, pepping the helmet, and fiberglass, with the help of my brother-in-law (he's having so much fun, it's his first time working with Fiberglass). We had great weather over the weekend and was able to get much of the fiberglassing done. Now, it'll be off to sanding.

My costume will be a foam build, with the helmet only being done in fiberglass.

Here is the pep of the helmet (with resin done on the inside):
10c92b96bbb611e192e91231381b3d7a_7.jpg

And the fiberglass treatment:
085ea848bef211e1989612313815112c_7.jpg

After sanding, then it'll be off to building the foam templates.

Last edited:
This is gonna be wicked cool! That pep turned out great :thumbsup I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Make sure u dont poke your eyes out with any stray fiberglassed pieces, they are sharp once cured!

Yeah. I learned that when I did my BubbleGum Crisis Priss Armor. that was the first time I worked with Fiberglass, and got many cuts. I just equate them to bad paper cuts after a while. Luckily, I didn't have to suffer from fiberglass itch.

Nice work! I printed out a Varia Helmet a few weeks ago and got so caught up in my Iron Man I never build it. This has made me change my mind!

Actually, I'm postponing to work on till after comic-con . I have two costumes to finish this week before the big weekend. Kids costumes comes before vanity costumes ^_^

Ok nice busy huh..

Yeah. I learned that when I did my BubbleGum Crisis Priss Armor. that was the first time I worked with Fiberglass, and got many cuts. I just equate them to bad paper cuts after a while. Luckily, I didn't have to suffer from fiberglass itch.

Was that you on stage in the BubbleGum Crisis Priss video?

It's good to be busy, but I hate it because it feels like I can't complete anything.

Yes, and first time wearing 4" heels.

Its all good.. I have so many projects started its insane...:)

4" huh.. looked pretty crazy.. :lol

What colour do you intend on painting it? The orange of the original looks cool but some Super Smash Bros ones look better to me.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back