Thought I would chronicle my progress ofthe making of my Halloween costume this year, "Frankenberry".
I've always wanted to do this and recently have seen some very impressive versions out there which have inspired me to say the least.
I decided to construct a cardboard/paper/duct tape structure for the head and built it up in areas like the top of the head with newspaper and more duct tape.
Here are some pics:
I have covered 1/4 of his face with Bondo and will continue until he is fully covered. I want him to be permanant and decided to go the Bondo route instead of paper mache.
After sanding, touch up and a nice paint job I think he will look nice.
I also found these great plastic injection molded garland chains (6' each!) that will be great for the suspenders! $3.99 at Christmas Tree Shops!
They're the right scale and hollow, so if I lean back on them they may dent up, but won't fall apart like Styrofoam chain.
Anyways, always looking for tips, advice or whatever! I'll continue to post progress as the countdown continues!