My foam Bane mask WIP

Looks great! What did you use for the ripped piping on the front?

Also I know you provided the thickness in the other thread, but can you give some more information about what kind of foam you are using? I am completely new to the world of foam prop making.

Was this cut free hand based on looking at images or did you use a template? Also what thickness of foam did you use?

Looking really good!

2 Questions, Eric! (BTW this is the best handmade version of the mask I've seen thus far; I'll likely try to recreate it myself.)

1. I think you posted that your foam is 6mm thick... So is that two layers of the same foam with the bottom layer slightly bigger, or did you cut a notch out of the edge all the way around?

2. Obviously, once the template is made, you're cutting two pieces and fusing together down the center; how are you smoothing your seam?

2 Questions, Eric! (BTW this is the best handmade version of the mask I've seen thus far; I'll likely try to recreate it myself.)

1. I think you posted that your foam is 6mm thick... So is that two layers of the same foam with the bottom layer slightly bigger, or did you cut a notch out of the edge all the way around?

2. Obviously, once the template is made, you're cutting two pieces and fusing together down the center; how are you smoothing your seam?

Thank you for appreciating my work.

Answer on question number 1--- Yes. I cut around the foam.
Answer on question number 2--- My best answer is you just have to make it as seamless as possible. I'm kinda bit OC. hehe.

Enjoy making it. :)

Last edited:
Just wanna say a big thanks for sharing your template i used it to make a quick bane mask for my mate and he loves it!!! Cheers mate :)

OK, so it is one layer with a notch cut out all around? crazy! I really hope I can pull off that cut - any tips would help.

Try to cut it before you stick them together. And when you are cutting it,try not to cut deep in one cut. Cut maybe up to three times. Cut slow. And put a marker on your cutter to know if you are cutting to deep or not. You can do it. :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back