Edited: Not the First Iron Man Mark 42 Build for 5yrs old boy - build from 3D printed

skylu3Design

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm newbie, and this is my first attempt.
What I have done is...

1- I model this helmet base on what i could get reference image from web or RPF, and build in Rhinoceros 3D (as from there I could model the original size that I wanted to build.

2- Open up Pepakura Designer and import/unfold the model, and printed out with 200gsm craft paper.

3- As many of you, I started to cut and fold the paper, but.... I think that I gave too much tolerance to the helmet.... is too big for my son's head size...

I'm going to redo another paper craft helmet again... hahaha....

hopefully it work fine for the next build...

Last edited:
Re: My First Iron Man Mark VIII Build for 5yrs old boy

That's one awesome helmet!

Any chance of releasing it to the public? I'd like to try my hands on that! :thumbsup

Looks good man, I'm trying to do a helmet and repulsors for my 5 year old for Halloween. Not doing the whole suit just because don't think I have the time so we are just buying the costume one. But I figured I would spice it up with the helmet and repulsors. And my first attempt at the helmet mime was too small, I think I got it right the second time ok fiberglassing now here is the link http://www.therpf.com/f24/small-costume-upgrades-my-5-year-old-159321/
I will have him in it when I get a chance keep up the good work.

That's one awesome helmet!

Any chance of releasing it to the public? I'd like to try my hands on that! :thumbsup

Thanks and sure, Here is the file.

As this is my first time using pepakura, and my itchy hand and fantastic understanding of unfolding..., I had separated some part my self... and it cause some edges withour numbering...

See the attached, you should know what I mean...
I hope you don't mind this...

Looks good man, I'm trying to do a helmet and repulsors for my 5 year old for Halloween. Not doing the whole suit just because don't think I have the time so we are just buying the costume one. But I figured I would spice it up with the helmet and repulsors. And my first attempt at the helmet mime was too small, I think I got it right the second time ok fiberglassing now here is the link http://www.therpf.com/f24/small-costume-upgrades-my-5-year-old-159321/
I will have him in it when I get a chance keep up the good work.

whahaha.... I think that we are in the same situation pal...
My son already placed the next order "the repulsors arm" to me...:cry

Not easy for being father in now days... :lol

Thanks and sure, Here is the file.

As this is my first time using pepakura, and my itchy hand and fantastic understanding of unfolding..., I had separated some part my self... and it cause some edges withour numbering...

See the attached, you should know what I mean...
I hope you don't mind this...

Nice work!!!
Thanks, man!!!

Scaling is always tough. I think I pepped every piece of Mikey's armor at least 2-3 times before I got it just right... At least I got a lot of practice!

The helmet looks very good for your first pep!

Keep up the good work! :):thumbsup

whahaha.... I think that we are in the same situation pal...
My son already placed the next order "the repulsors arm" to me...:cry

Not easy for being father in now days... :lol

I agree I'm sure mine will want a full suit soon if not now LOL :)

Scaling is always tough. I think I pepped every piece of Mikey's armor at least 2-3 times before I got it just right... At least I got a lot of practice!

The helmet looks very good for your first pep!

Keep up the good work! :):thumbsup

I think that maybe you are tougher... hahaha... really a patient work for the pep(y)lol

Here is my little update of 2nd pep helmet, smaller in size...

I'm planning to use clay on this pep next, hopefully it goes smooth...:lol

dude:
this is awesome. good job
looks great, i want to see more of your work

Here is my little update of 2nd pep helmet, smaller in size...

I'm planning to use clay on this pep next, hopefully it goes smooth...:lol

Your pep looks GREAT.

Are you using clay directly applied to the card-stock paper? Are you not hardening the paper with Fiberglass resin or Smooth-cast or something?

Your pep looks GREAT.

Are you using clay directly applied to the card-stock paper? Are you not hardening the paper with Fiberglass resin or Smooth-cast or something?

Thanks!, I'm struggling on whether using Fiberglass resin to harden the pep... as my local dealer selling that resin in gallon volume... which I can't really optimize the usage...

I would prefer go for smooth cast 300 harden process, and the result should be instant... I think.

glad that your remind ya:thumbsup

thanks spidey, this was really postpone due to I change my work place and have less time to do. I still owe my son a helmet, ha ha ha....

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back