My First Pepakura foam Ironman MK 7

VinceRaptor

Ya i thought id start my own thread makes it easier.
I am doing the MC7 suit but some parts appear to be MC5.
The templates are from:
http://www.therpf.com/f24/iron-man-...plates-video-tutorial-link-first-post-128147/
and
http://www.therpf.com/f24/darkside501sts-iron-man-mk-vii-pepakura-files-new-pics-pg-100-a-139470/

So far I have the hands started and omfg the fingers are so BIG and this is the default size... are they supposed to be this large?

IronManHand1a.jpg

Also how do i attach everything? Do you guys use gloves? Elastic? O..O
Im such a newb at this.. I cant do the paper version of the Iron man suit cause the finer details "grooves" infuriate me.

Oh and heres my stats:
I stand 5' 9" tall
I weigh 155 lbs
head is 22" around if i measured right
neck is 15" around including Adams apple
I have slender fingers and hands. I wear a size medium glove
I wear 32 - 32 pants so basically 32" waist and im guessing 32" inseam
I wear a mens medium shirt.

Im about as broke as a field mouse so that's another reason I'm doing the foam version.

And can sombody pleasehelp me out? I cant afford to waste material. Ive looked at all the youtube videos "hours worth" and looked and read many threads on here but still im stumped.. Please dont leave me hanging.

Last edited:
Re: My first attempt at pepakura foam building Ironman

Ok decided to do something a bit easier but is it the proper size for me? Who knows... Im the type that makes a comment and expects one 10 minutes later. Not realistic i know but hey thats me and ill have to deal with it...

Hand shield plate armor thing a ma whats it...

HandShieldArmor.jpg

Oh and to let everybody know... Im using the "DEFAULT" templates not modifying the size.. seems though that default may be my size. Let me know if im way off base. I put my measurements in the first posting.

Last edited:

I think the fingers are supposed to be this large. The palm piece itself can end up pretty thick (depending on what template you're using) so you'll have some room to build in the "repulsor".

And I think you should edit your first post and tell everyone which templates for which Mark you're using to people with the build will be able to help you out.

And tbh: I'm on my first foam build aswell and you're going to waste a lot of material. It's just the way it is with foam builds :/

Ok tried my hand again at the Pep Paper file but this time on something easier. The MK7 back hand armor. It took me a few hours. YES A FEW HOURS im very slow at these things hence why im desperately needing help and feedback. Ill never get this done in time for Anime expo or even Halloween if I keep at this pace..

In any case heres what I have. Why is it split in 2 though?

IronManMc7BackHandArmor.jpg

I am honestly surprised I could do this without being frustrated. The suit may end up being a combination of foam and paper pepkura pending on how complex and hard the paper templates are. If they are too hard for me I wont even attempt them and Ill go all Foam. Which will probably be the case with 98% of the suit.

Feedback is always appreciated.

Last edited:

Ok trying the hip module in paper. Seems the inner circle doesnt want to fit nor does the rectangular piece. Im having to cut parts out just to fit them.

UPDATE: yet another failed part. I really hate pepakura...
At least this part I can have my dad machine in metal. Does anybody have exact measurements down to the thousandths so I can send it to him?

Last edited:

Ok heres my upper armor but its not fitting right. Any suggestions???

special_costume_project_by_raptorarts-d65tf0e.jpg

Ok what do the shoulder pads attach to? I see no point of attachment...

OK heres the upper arm pieces and elbow. What in the world is that piece on the top left for?
upperarm_by_raptorarts-d668mez.jpg

The pepakura file doesnt have the last bottom pieces to the bicept armor. Where do i find those?

Also I see on some other armor that theres a layer beneath the chest and back armor. Is this a support structure of some sort and why cant I find it for the MK 7 ?

Last edited:

Ok i figured the top left piece slides into the bicept area but which side of the insert faces forward?

Also here's where I am at on the project. Abdominal armor. Aparently im not all that skinny after all so ill have to add an inch to the sides to make it fit but thats not a big deal.

abdominalarmor_by_raptorarts-d66l596.jpg

The suit is coming along slowly but i have questions that i need answered.
The lower forearm and insert. How do they line up before I glue them together?
The abdominal armor is it to be glued solid or flexible? How and where are the points to glue them?
The Upper chest and back armor. If it requires the under support armor like the MK3 has then can I have that pep file. I dont want to mix and match and end up not having it work.

I have a convention im going to in 3 days and because of slow replies im not going to make it. I will hopefully have this done in time for Anime Expo but only with some HELP

Ok heres the abdominal armor. I dont really see how this can be a smooth transition so Ill have to mess with it quite a bit...
Please refer to the above posting with all the questions.

abdominal_armor_by_raptorarts-d66l596.jpg

I guees it's too late for your abs armor to be flexible, so... You can figure out the gluening points by yourself, but I'd attach each part with duct tape, then look into mirror to see how it fits before gluening. The pepakura gives you only information how to make some parts of armor, and what do you do with these parts later is only your own business. Use imagination, try different tricks - after all, even if you glue something wrong, just heat that place and glue will peel off.

Good luck with that suit. Can't wait till all final exams finish to start building my mk3

I guees it's too late for your abs armor to be flexible, so... You can figure out the gluening points by yourself, but I'd attach each part with duct tape, then look into mirror to see how it fits before gluening. The pepakura gives you only information how to make some parts of armor, and what do you do with these parts later is only your own business. Use imagination, try different tricks - after all, even if you glue something wrong, just heat that place and glue will peel off.

Good luck with that suit. Can't wait till all final exams finish to start building my mk3

I have the abb plates lined up so they are still separate.
Im so much by the book and diagrams person that its actually difficult for me to freestyle things like this...

No unfortunately... Now the deadline is ANIME EXPO *sighs*.... oh well at least the exposure will be far more there than the last convention.

I'm working on the Mark 6 armor for Youmicon in Detroit coming in October. I just started. Foam is so much easier. I found out a healthy hint for making armor like this your size. Only resize your helmet, arms, forearms, hands (not fingers), Thighs and Legs. Everything else keep at default. everything I've seen on this thread looks pretty good. And one more thing, always measure by height with the body parts I just mentioned. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see it when it's done.

I have the upper torso all done and now working on the legs.
Anybody have suggestions for the undersuit? Zentai red, black or maybe just slacks and long sleeve shirt?
Tell me what you guys use. I may just go with slacks and long sleeve shirt in black but just wana know so im on the right path here.

Well heres what I have done so far. Lots and lots of work and an annoying tickle cough probably brought on by the dang winds carrying allergies today which includes me constantly sneezing, Ick.. Oh well. All thats left is the head, hands, and feet.
Then I will seal it and paint it XD

All in time for Anime Expo YAY! XD

ironmanmk7foamsuit2013_by_raptorarts-d68gsi4.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back