Subscribe
  1. Official Licensee RPF Premium Member DAVIDYR1's Avatar
    From
    Toronto, Ontario - Canada!
    Oct 26, 2007, 9:31 AM - Muscle Suit Sculpture:Full Body Undersuit for Spandex WIP #1

Dave gave me the OK to post these for now. They're not current images because we're not allowed to post the fully sculpted under suit yet. Once the studio signs off on that we'll post the finished sculpts.

This will be used under a custom printed spandex costume much like the Spiderman undersuits.
    Seeing as there's been some talk of an undersuit for those really cool spandex suits a lot of you have, I thought I'd give a sneak peek on the one we have in the works. As an undersuit, it doesn’t need very detailed cut muscles because the spandex wont allow for that kind of detail to show anyhow. The trick seems to be with how the raised and sunk in areas allow for the spandex to stretch over them, further adding to the illusion of the muscle suit.

This is the lifecast it's being sculpted on,

And here's some very early clay lay up and roughed in detail work. These date back to early September.

The muscle suit is nearly complete and it looks pretty intense, raw and 'sexy' if I do say so myself. It's almost going to be a shame to cover it up with a spandex.

Once we get the go ahead to post finished works I'll update this thread.

Rimma
    From
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oct 26, 2007, 9:46 AM - Re: Muscle Suit Sculpture:Full Body Undersuit for Spandex WIP #2

Thats pretty cool man! Can't wait to see how this one turns out. Always been a fan of your sculpts.
  3. RPF Premium Member Dark Shadow's Avatar
    From
    Downingtown, PA
    Dec 19, 2007, 9:41 AM - Re: Muscle Suit Sculpture:Full Body Undersuit for Spandex WIP #3

Has any progress been made on this??
    Dec 19, 2007, 1:51 PM - Re: Muscle Suit Sculpture:Full Body Undersuit for Spandex WIP #4

Of what will this undersuit be made?
    From
    Denton, TX
    Dec 19, 2007, 1:59 PM - Re: Muscle Suit Sculpture:Full Body Undersuit for Spandex WIP #5

looks very rad... would love to see any progress as well
    From
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Dec 19, 2007, 4:32 PM - Re: Muscle Suit Sculpture:Full Body Undersuit for Spandex WIP #6

Echoing the same sentiment, more info and updates please
    From
    behind you, Ray!
    Dec 19, 2007, 7:43 PM - Re: Muscle Suit Sculpture:Full Body Undersuit for Spandex WIP #7

I will be watching this thread.
    From
    Mama's front yard
    Dec 19, 2007, 8:20 PM - Re: Muscle Suit Sculpture:Full Body Undersuit for Spandex WIP #8

GuntahKela said: View Post
    I will be watching this thread.

I'll second that!!!
  9. Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Dec 20, 2007, 1:31 AM - Re: Muscle Suit Sculpture:Full Body Undersuit for Spandex WIP #9

What is this for?????
    Dec 20, 2007, 1:13 PM - Re: Muscle Suit Sculpture:Full Body Undersuit for Spandex WIP #10

Sorry, I thought I updated this thread. Also, I now have my very own screen name..so yay for me. Hopefully this wont cause any confusion. DAVIDYR1 is my husband so naturally, now I'm RIMMAYR1...

Here's a bit of history on the lifecast and how we did it. I think it makes for a pretty interesting read.

Sadly for us here, AFTER the body cast was done the client lost a lot of weight in a very short time, so Dave had to reduce the bodycasting to his new gut size...neat eh?

Fresh from the mold with the compensated areas due to the new gut size..

Cleaning it up..

We took him from a waist of 46 inches to a 35 inch waist..That's a good 2+ inches in the immediate gut area.

Before and after..

And the finished body cast..

Details are subtle and globally meant to pop muscle forms out. No need for extreme real definition.

We also have a custom muscle suit created for this undersuit. Dave together with Joker89 designed this custom muscle suit which is intended to work in conjunction with the foam muscle suit that'll go underneath. Sorry that it's blurry, Dave took the pic...so that's all I have to work with.

Let's see, green hair...green eyebrows...hmmm, light skinned...I wonder who this could be?

The plastic you see under the wig is only there to keep any clay residue from getting on the underside of the wig.

And here's the *sort of* finished suit...some tweaking needed still..

In this pic the wearer has no eye make up on...

And in this pic it's a dark blue that doesnt really blend well...

A few more tweaks here and there...and with the proper eye make up and it'll be good to go.

Rimma
    From
    Dixon, Ca.
    Dec 20, 2007, 3:02 PM - Re: Muscle Suit Sculpture:Full Body Undersuit for Spandex WIP #11

About all I can say is: "WOW!"
    From
    Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
    Dec 22, 2007, 4:00 AM - Re: Muscle Suit Sculpture:Full Body Undersuit for Spandex WIP #12

palpys voice: you´ve done well! Compliment!
    From
    Brampton, Ontario, Canada.
    Dec 25, 2007, 8:02 PM - Re: Muscle Suit Sculpture:Full Body Undersuit for Spandex WIP #13

Very nice work! I actually had the pleasure of meeting David at FanExpo 2007 in Toronto. He made a cast of my face in and it was so lifelike.

Very impressive work again... Hope to see more of his work in future Conventions.
  14. RPF Premium Member stormtrooperguy's Avatar
    From
    Waltham, MA
    Dec 26, 2007, 2:13 PM - Re: Muscle Suit Sculpture:Full Body Undersuit for Spandex WIP #14

wow... captain planet! i had no idea that he was still around!
  15. Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Feb 24, 2009, 9:54 PM - Re: Muscle Suit Sculpture:Full Body Undersuit for Spandex WIP #15

so how much for the undersuit
    From
    NYC
    Feb 26, 2009, 7:39 AM - Re: Muscle Suit Sculpture:Full Body Undersuit for Spandex WIP #16

Dave does great work. But, I am a bit confused. Why spend all that time and money on a beautiful muscle build like to cover it in spandex??? Seems there are eisier ways to give the appearence of muscle like in the movies? IMO
    From
    NashVille, TN
    Feb 26, 2009, 8:13 AM - Re: Muscle Suit Sculpture:Full Body Undersuit for Spandex WIP #17

Gonna take polution down to zero!

oh the nostalgia.
    From
    Athens,Ga
    Feb 27, 2009, 12:36 PM - Re: Muscle Suit Sculpture:Full Body Undersuit for Spandex WIP #18

...captain planet?
    From
    Sydney Austarlia
    Feb 27, 2009, 4:06 PM - Re: Muscle Suit Sculpture:Full Body Undersuit for Spandex WIP #19

This is great work! Very, very impressive!!!
    Feb 27, 2009, 9:56 PM - Re: Muscle Suit Sculpture:Full Body Undersuit for Spandex WIP #20

Is there a pic available of the finished muscle undersuit?
    Jun 19, 2013, 1:15 AM - Re: Muscle Suit Sculpture:Full Body Undersuit for Spandex WIP #21

nice! need one...
    From
    Austria
    Jun 19, 2013, 6:13 AM - Re: Muscle Suit Sculpture:Full Body Undersuit for Spandex WIP #22

dat necro post