Muscle suit base pattern?

BobbyS95

I want to try my hand at creating an Amazing Spider-man 2 pattern, but I can't seem to find a basic pattern/layout anywhere.

Does anyone know where I can find one? Preferably with muscle shading?

So someone approached me today offering to sell a muscle suit pattern. They showed it to me (it was watermarked) and I asked if it was large enough to be printed. They responded saying "It is high quality, 2418 x 3333 Pixels"

Is this good? Too small, too big?

That seems like low res for a muscle suit...I'm not a definitive voice on this sort of thing, but it seems like you would want much higher res than that or a vector based file like a pdf. Maybe somebody else can chime in.

The smallest my pattern has ever been was 8700x13500px...and even that's a little low res for my perfectionistic tastes.

That said, the muscle map itself can be upscaled usually more easily than the rest of the pattern since it will have so many other elements overlaid on it to cover any slight issues with the smoothness of the transition between shades of grey.

I'd still much rather have a higher res file to start from, if I was you.

-Nick

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back