Jun 2011
    From
    Miami, Florida
    Oct 6, 2011, 9:55 AM - Re: Mortal Kombat Legacy Scorpion Costume #27

at this point u can just go as noob saibot lol
    From
    New Jersey
    Oct 6, 2011, 9:54 PM - Re: Mortal Kombat Legacy Scorpion Costume #28

Finished the arm and shin guards. Gonna get to start finishing tabard now! very exciting.
    From
    texas
    Oct 7, 2011, 1:02 AM - #29

This is great! Keep going bro! What were your plans for an undersuit? I see your skilled with a sewing machine. Were you going to make your own? Excellent work man.

Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk
    From
    New Jersey
    Oct 7, 2011, 2:20 AM - Re: Mortal Kombat Legacy Scorpion Costume #30

quakevirus said: View Post
    This is great! Keep going bro! What were your plans for an undersuit? I see your skilled with a sewing machine. Were you going to make your own? Excellent work man.

hey thanks! I dont have enough time to make my own. and if i did have enough time i doubt i would haha. i purchased a nice black karate Gi. The only thing I am gonna consider making as far as under suit goes would be the balaclava. i have some from snowboarding but they are kind of thick. and then i have another that is lycra and super tight to the head. I will make my own if i have time. but i doubt it. I officially have to have this done by next friday so be prepared to see some serious work get done! i cant wait to have it all together and wear it!
    From
    texas
    Oct 8, 2011, 1:45 AM - #31

Woolfy said: View Post
    hey thanks! I dont have enough time to make my own. and if i did have enough time i doubt i would haha. i purchased a nice black karate Gi. The only thing I am gonna consider making as far as under suit goes would be the balaclava. i have some from snowboarding but they are kind of thick. and then i have another that is lycra and super tight to the head. I will make my own if i have time. but i doubt it. I officially have to have this done by next friday so be prepared to see some serious work get done! i cant wait to have it all together and wear it!
    Ordering a suit is the way to go. Im scrapping the lycra mask that came with the ninja suit I ordered (looks silly), along with the top. Im using the hood that came with it as a pattern to have a friend make a kick ass one out of a leather material. Man I wish I could sew! Lol can't wait to see it done bro.

From
    New Jersey
    Oct 9, 2011, 8:41 PM - Re: Mortal Kombat Legacy Scorpion Costume #32

Sewing one of the layers tonight. There is tabard everywhere.
    From
    New Jersey
    Oct 9, 2011, 9:34 PM - Re: Mortal Kombat Legacy Scorpion Costume #33

Finished the Middle layer. There is a seam on the outer edges but it will have to do.

There are unfinished edges on this, but that is because when i put the last layer on it will bring them all together to make it look like one nice piece. Progress is good.
    From
    New Jersey
    Oct 10, 2011, 8:36 PM - Re: Mortal Kombat Legacy Scorpion Costume #34

Heck yea. 2 layers done. Tomorrow the bottom layer will go on and turn them all into one piece.
  10. Member Since
    Jun 2011
    From
    Miami, Florida
    Oct 10, 2011, 9:16 PM - Re: Mortal Kombat Legacy Scorpion Costume #35

Almost there buddy. Have you tried it on?? It looks A lot bigger than mine, maybe is the angles.
    From
    New Jersey
    Oct 10, 2011, 9:23 PM - Re: Mortal Kombat Legacy Scorpion Costume #36

Sakin said: View Post
    Almost there buddy. Have you tried it on?? It looks A lot bigger than mine, maybe is the angles.
    Yea that angle makes it look huge. its actually not even out to the ends of my shoulders. PLUS its gonna be losing half an inch when I put the final layer on. the sides all get folded in to make the seam on the edges. Its measured out to fit me and still have the same appearance as the fit in Legacy. I have broad shoulders. That might be another reason. i will have a pic of me wearing everything by wednesday night.
    From
    New Jersey
    Oct 10, 2011, 9:31 PM - Re: Mortal Kombat Legacy Scorpion Costume #37

Yea this is the belt. Its about 12 feet long. The idea is that it wraps around me twice and then I do a nice tie behind me. It gives the same layered effect as the tabard. Its very awesome when its on. does not look long at all. The tails of it are to the length as in the show.
    From
    Lincoln, RI
    Oct 11, 2011, 3:46 AM - Re: Mortal Kombat Legacy Scorpion Costume #38

Awesome work man.
  14. Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Oct 11, 2011, 4:28 AM - Re: Mortal Kombat Legacy Scorpion Costume #39

at this rate it might look better than some movie studios would make it. so...since that's all but in the bag,why not rig it for built in special effects?

sound effects built in to sound at the push of a button? ive seen one person put a disk in his glove that spins, so when he dances in his costume he jumps upside down, and plants his hand on the floor and spins in place. that kind of stuff. always be greedy. aways steal ideas. dont envy the ninja, (lol) BE the ninja!
    From
    New Jersey
    Oct 11, 2011, 11:28 AM - Re: Mortal Kombat Legacy Scorpion Costume #40

Mark K64 said: View Post
    Awesome work man.
    Thanks man!

anubis online said: View Post
    at this rate it might look better than some movie studios would make it. so...since that's all but in the bag,why not rig it for built in special effects?

sound effects built in to sound at the push of a button? ive seen one person put a disk in his glove that spins, so when he dances in his costume he jumps upside down, and plants his hand on the floor and spins in place. that kind of stuff. always be greedy. aways steal ideas. dont envy the ninja, (lol) BE the ninja!
    Hmmm... Idk what I could do as far as special effects go. Any ideas?? I only have until the end of thursday night to get it done!
  16. Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Oct 11, 2011, 4:49 PM - Re: Mortal Kombat Legacy Scorpion Costume #41

dark room with blacklights? paint stuff on yourself with tide. the cleaning agent. it should glow in the dark under a blacklight. words, a full body picture of a skeleton, etc.

hows that for fast and cheap?

.....avoid rain........

EDIT: and tide should be invisable when dry,without a black light. experiment first always.
  17. Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Oct 11, 2011, 5:35 PM - Re: Mortal Kombat Legacy Scorpion Costume #42

From
    New Jersey
    Oct 11, 2011, 5:59 PM - Re: Mortal Kombat Legacy Scorpion Costume #43

excellent video.
    From
    New Jersey
    Oct 11, 2011, 10:29 PM - Re: Mortal Kombat Legacy Scorpion Costume #44

Tabard is pinned together and ready to be sewn. I should have the whole thing done tomorrow. But we shall see. College keeps getting in the way.. (stupid college. Go away for a week.)
  20. Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Oct 11, 2011, 11:24 PM - Re: Mortal Kombat Legacy Scorpion Costume #45

looks great man, can wait to see it in person.
  21. Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Oct 12, 2011, 5:14 AM - Re: Mortal Kombat Legacy Scorpion Costume #46

stage one of making costumes: make one for yourself

stage two: make yours better , or movie quality

stage three: trick it out with related special effects

stage four: repeat stage one for a girl you like...........

all above stages are in proper order for costume readiness. and remember girls will go in costumes that they might never else go as, as long as they know someone else is going in their theme with them.

girl one: refused to dress up at all

girl one: begged to dress up once she found out she could dress as little red riding hood, with her boyfriend as a big bad wolf.

22. Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Oct 12, 2011, 5:20 AM - Re: Mortal Kombat Legacy Scorpion Costume #47

stage one of making costumes: make one for yourself

stage two: make yours better , or movie quality

stage three: trick it out with related special effects

stage four: repeat stage one for a girl you like...........

all above stages are in proper order for costume readiness. and remember girls will go in costumes that they might never else go as, as long as they know someone else is going in their theme with them.

girl one: refused to dress up at all

girl one: begged to dress up once she found out she could dress as little red riding hood, with her boyfriend as a big bad wolf.

From
    New Jersey
    Oct 12, 2011, 10:28 PM - Re: Mortal Kombat Legacy Scorpion Costume #48

Well I am ALMOST DONE!!! i will Finish this tomorrow. But here is what i have been doing since my last picture update!
    Sewing! Not really a fan of it...

The Tri Layers COMPLETE! and are sewn together. Just need to finish up the tail end of it

I will need help adjusting the belt and stuff to make it pretty. but its lookin alright.

Almost done! needs a tiny bit of adjustments but its getting close! i need to take the pictures at a different angle. I am sorry. Turn your heads. Will get some pics of me all decked out in it tomorrow night. this costume is HEAVY. im gonna be sweating my **** off. Thinking about bringing some cold compresses to i guess.. duct tape to my body.

When i put it on for the final pics i will have it all done up right. this is going a little bit off course of how i planned it, but hey, if i ever make it in the future. it will be Perfect.
    Oct 12, 2011, 11:24 PM - Re: Mortal Kombat Legacy Scorpion Costume #49

Wow, looks amazing!
    From
    texas
    Oct 12, 2011, 11:28 PM - Re: Mortal Kombat Legacy Scorpion Costume #50

This looks great! excellent job man, can't wait for the final pics.