Here is a commission that I sent out today (so sad to see it leave) to an excited new owner. The costume is of Morrigan from Dragon Age. The commission included:
- Velvet top
- Leather skirt
- Oversized leather belt
- Various arm wraps
- Various jewelry
- Boots, shredded legwear, wig
- Bikini top
Onward with some pictures!
A few technical details:
- The red velvet top is made up of two pieces, the outer fabric and the lining fabric. When it is laid out flat, it looks like a really big "L" shape.
- The skirt is made out of an old leather jacket (thrift store find). I cut the sleeves off and did some more ragged cuts around the edges to give it more of a skirt shape. There are also darts in the front and back. It is worn like a wrap skirt. I left the pockets in tact (they are near the bottom front) for small items like cards or a phone can be carried around.
- All of the belts are contributions from friends/family. Ask enough people, and you'll find a ton of old belts that are on their last legs. This made distressing things fairly quick.
- The jewelry bits were mostly found on Etsy. There are lots of unique and interesting beads and jewelry findings to be discovered there.
- I trimmed up the feathers on the pauldron with a rotary cutter to get a nice edge, then I roughed them up a little since Morrigan has been living out in the wilds for quite a while...
That's about it! Thanks for reading.