Mon Calamari WIP Admiral Akbar-ish

Darth Serberus

Started this sculpt back in September '10 for the "Creating the Magic of the Emerald Garrison" weekend, where it was a bit of a rush job, 7-8 hours if I remember correctly.
I haven't touched it since then and really wanted to get it done for Invasion Dublin 2. So I've spent a few more hours on it and will be casting it up at the same time as some other bits soon.
It's been very hard to find really good reference pics of the side profile and back of his head. I just unearthed some side profile ones so I have some adjustments to make yet.
Plus I still need to add all his little dangly dendrils and lumpy bits. Most of the dendril extensions will be added after the moulding.
The eyes in the sculpt are glass domes filled with clear cast resin and brushed with iridescent powders into a clear medium. Looks fantastic when it moves. The actual eyes will be clear acrylic domes painted in the same way to cut down on weight.
DSC04853.jpg

DSC04854.jpg

And with his silver release skin on.
DSC04858-1.jpg

DSC04861.jpg

Love it! What will you be casting it in? I have a dream of having a large kiln to be able to do foam latex pieces one day....

This is mainly sculpted as a wearable mask but will probably be able to pull a few solid busts out too.
BTW, well spotted TT03, yes that is a wookie in the background. I started on a Tarfful build last year(check out my thread if you like http://www.therpf.com/f24/tarfful-wip-94608/) and I'm VERY slowly getting through it when I get the chance. Tarfful is a personal project so it always gets shoved to the back of the queue.
But back to this thread, I hope to have this guy in the mould next week, fingers crossed!!

This is mainly sculpted as a wearable mask but will probably be able to pull a few solid busts out too.
BTW, well spotted TT03, yes that is a wookie in the background. I started on a Tarfful build last year(check out my thread if you like http://www.therpf.com/f24/tarfful-wip-94608/) and I'm VERY slowly getting through it when I get the chance. Tarfful is a personal project so it always gets shoved to the back of the queue.
But back to this thread, I hope to have this guy in the mould next week, fingers crossed!!

And in the meantime Chewie is still sitting in a bar in Dublin waiting for his buddy :thumbsdown

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back