MMPR Green Ranger movie style helmet concept, looking for feedback

Welmanshire

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
As some of you may know I have been trying to get 3D models of all of the movie style Power Ranger helmets, to eventually 3D print. But before doing all of the original 6, I thought i would do a movie Green Ranger. I was inspired by this thread on the rangerboard - MMPR TM Chest piece with coin [Archive] - RangerBoard
Where I found this image.
GRmoviehelmetDone.jpg

I like the design. It keeps true to the changes made to the helmets of the other rangers.

I took this design and tweaked a couple of the angles, added a few details and coloured it. I also lowered the nose\lip that comes over the visor to make it similar to the white rangers side view.
Greenmovieconcept_zpse4d8f758.jpg

What do you guys think? Should I make any more tweaks or changes before I get this sucker modeled? If all goes well I will make an interest thread in the junkyard for a run of these.

Last edited:
I like the concept, different enough from the show version but with the subtle changes for the movie. Nicely done!
Thanks man, obviously most of the credit goes to the guy that did the original sketch. I am lookimg forward to seeing the 3d model done, but the guy that does my modeling doesn't have any free time until Jan.

It's in my eyes still too much like the show version. The only thing I see which is significantly different, is the mouth area. the movie helmets are shaped differently and widely exaggerated.. (not my preferred versions though ;) )

It's in my eyes still too much like the show version. The only thing I see which is significantly different, is the mouth area. the movie helmets are shaped differently and widely exaggerated.. (not my preferred versions though ;) )

Fair point :) What changes would you make to make it more "movie" like?

So my original modeler hasn' been able to come through, due to other projects. But I am happy to say that a talented member here, Bimmer is going to be tackling this project. The work of his that I have seen is awesome and I am excited to see how it all works out.

I am still happy to take critiques on the design, as modeling has not yet begun if anyone has anymore?

Thanks

I love it
It is hard to find movie accurate power rangers helmets if u can get this in pep I would gladly pay for it
Nice work man keep it up

It seems that after 4 years, you have the feedback you want

I did that model for papercraft, here's the prove.

FOR THE ORIGINAL PSOT CREATOR: Contact me on FB as 3d Command Center so I can give you the model.

green1995.pngSin título.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back