Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jan 2013
    From
    Currently residing in Singapore
    Jan 8, 2013, 9:12 AM - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Raiden project *WARNING IMAGE HEAVY* #1

Hello all! I'm new here.

I'd just like to share some pics on the current outfit I'm working on which is Raiden from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

I'm super excited for the new game and I hope I can get the outfit finished in time for the game's release which is February 19th!

This is my first attempt at a 'mecha' outfit as I usually do more simple armored characters (eg. Kilik from Soul Calibur) or organic type things (Pyramid Head from Silent Hill 2)

Also, it's my first attempt at molding and casting a latex face prosthetic!

Hope you like what I've done so far XD

Reference Images:

WIP PICS:

And here is the most recent progress update from today 08/01/13

Last edited by keruuu; Feb 7, 2013 at 6:02 AM.
    From
    Chandler, AZ
    Jan 8, 2013, 9:23 AM - Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Raiden project *WARNING IMAGE HEAVY* #2

HOLY CRAP!!! I was wondering if someone would try this costume....I will be watching this for sure!
  3. Member Since
    Jun 2012
    From
    Texas
    Jan 8, 2013, 6:11 PM - Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Raiden project *WARNING IMAGE HEAVY* #3

Looking awesome!!!! Keep it up
    Jan 8, 2013, 8:54 PM - Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Raiden project *WARNING IMAGE HEAVY* #4

Awesome!!!
    From
    North Texas
    Jan 8, 2013, 11:27 PM - Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Raiden project *WARNING IMAGE HEAVY* #5

You are doing really good. I will subscribe to this so I can offer some ideas that could help.
  6. Member Since
    Jan 2013
    From
    Jan 12, 2013, 10:19 PM - Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Raiden project *WARNING IMAGE HEAVY* #6

THank you for the comments everyone! here's an update for today. I've been trying to work on the heel joint for the past three days and it's driving me crazy! I've finally settled on using clamps to hold the heel place and remove them when i want to move the joint forward. Haha god i suck at engineering :X

7. Member Since
    Jan 2013
    From
    Jan 13, 2013, 4:05 AM - Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Raiden project *WARNING IMAGE HEAVY* #7

and shoes are finished !

these bitches were hard to make but im kinda happy with the result.

Clamps not pictured cause im still spray painting them black.

I also changed the sole on the inside to a larger one (from a pair of old demonia platform boots I had lying around) and use the shoe base to make the cover which is secured on with velcro.

you can see the movement in the jointed heel
  8. Member Since
    Jan 2013
    From
    Jan 14, 2013, 9:45 AM - Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Raiden project *WARNING IMAGE HEAVY* #8

tried on the suit today. Secured the top half of the armor though i will have to reattach them since i ran out of glue and the batch i have is pretty much dried up so it doesnt adhere well. :/

Getting into this thing is a pretty tough challenge. not taking into account i still have the lower body armor + shoes and holster + props. Also have to finish the visor attachment and whole lot of other **** X_X

well here's this pic for now until i get more stuff done...
    will take me at least 2-3 hours to get suited up when i wear this out for a shoot or a con. X_X

From
    Long Beach, Ca
    Jan 14, 2013, 11:25 AM - Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Raiden project *WARNING IMAGE HEAVY* #9

That's crazy. Great job all around, especially on the shoes and the face sculpt.
  10. Member Since
    Jan 2013
    From
    Jan 19, 2013, 7:29 AM - Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Raiden project *WARNING IMAGE HEAVY* #10

Here's an update for today!

I attached all the armor to the suit as well as the wires and I finished the HF blade!!

The combat knife and kunai are done I just have to add on some details before I post pics. I'm still left with finishing the visor, making the holster, putting labels on the suit, and cutting my wig

Will also be making one of the artificial spines he rips out of his opponents when he slices them open ;D

11. Member Since
    Jan 2013
    From
    Jan 23, 2013, 9:26 AM - Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Raiden project *WARNING IMAGE HEAVY* #11

Finished the visor today!

it's a little fiddly to get it to stay together so i have velcro on the top and bottom to keep it in place. This is the best i can do with my limited knowledge in engineering :P

From
    Milano
    Jan 23, 2013, 9:36 AM - Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Raiden project *WARNING IMAGE HEAVY* #12

Wow man! This is really a awesome job! I like Raiden with this armor!
  13. Member Since
    Jan 2013
    From
    Jan 23, 2013, 9:39 AM - Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Raiden project *WARNING IMAGE HEAVY* #13

thank you! im a big fan of the new design as well
    From
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Jan 23, 2013, 1:47 PM - Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Raiden project *WARNING IMAGE HEAVY* #14

Wow! That is pretty top notch little brother.
    From
    LV-426
    Jan 23, 2013, 1:56 PM - Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Raiden project *WARNING IMAGE HEAVY* #15

This is turning out awesome! I played the demo last night, the game is bad ass! Looking forward to seeing you finish this!
    From
    California
    Jan 23, 2013, 5:17 PM - Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Raiden project *WARNING IMAGE HEAVY* #16

aeonpulse said: View Post
    This is turning out awesome! I played the demo last night, the game is bad ass! Looking forward to seeing you finish this!

As did I! The Demo was great, but I kept cutting down bridges and ladders I needed to progress in the level and got stuck a couple times LOL. Awesome design, and awesome work here. Mad props to you kid!
  17. Member Since
    Jan 2013
    From
    Jan 24, 2013, 9:30 AM - Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Raiden project *WARNING IMAGE HEAVY* #17

cyborg spine i whipped up in two nights of work! I wanted to include a slightly thicker tubing but somehow the spray paint wouldnt dry on it :/ oh well! im quite happy with it

From
    LV-426
    Jan 24, 2013, 9:42 AM - Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Raiden project *WARNING IMAGE HEAVY* #18

El Fett said: View Post
    As did I! The Demo was great, but I kept cutting down bridges and ladders I needed to progress in the level and got stuck a couple times LOL. Awesome design, and awesome work here. Mad props to you kid!
    Hah, I initially had the same problem, but then I discovered that if you sprint into walls, a lot of the time you can "ninja run" up them. Keeping that in mind, no matter what you cut down, it's impossible to get yourself stuck.

And Keruuu, that spine looks great!
  19. Member Since
    Jan 2013
    From
    Jan 24, 2013, 9:46 AM - Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Raiden project *WARNING IMAGE HEAVY* #19

aeonpulse: thanks! I havent had a chance to play the demo yet last time i checked its not out on the xbox marketplace where I live.
  20. Member Since
    Jan 2013
    From
    Jan 27, 2013, 4:47 PM - Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Raiden project *WARNING IMAGE HEAVY* #20

update! Finished painting the holster and putting in some LEDs! just need to attach it to my suit!

and im left with attaching the kunai holster to my suit, repairing the shoes and cyborg spine, putting on some stickers for the suit and I'm done!

Jan 28, 2013, 7:31 AM - Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Raiden project *WARNING IMAGE HEAVY* #21

Dude this is great, I can't wait to see the full setup
  22. RPF Premium Member nick daring's Avatar
    From
    Austin TX
    Jan 28, 2013, 9:58 AM - Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Raiden project *WARNING IMAGE HEAVY* #22

Wonderful costume. Can't wait for the game.
  23. Member Since
    Jan 2013
    From
    Feb 2, 2013, 6:05 AM - Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Raiden project *WARNING IMAGE HEAVY* #23

update for today.

painted on the labels on the suit.

Used a white pen and black copic marker to draw all the labels on =.= because my initial plan of using clear stickers didnt exactly work out so yeah. at least i saved me 20$ SGD. i missed a label on the shoes so i gotta do that later. Waiting for the liquid nails i used on the velcro for the holsters to cure before i can test whether they work. *crosses fingers* still got to fix my shoesss GAHHH

24. Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Feb 2, 2013, 6:51 AM - Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Raiden project *WARNING IMAGE HEAVY* #24

This is absolutely amazing. You are very talented!
  25. Member Since
    Jan 2013
    From
    Feb 2, 2013, 7:58 AM - Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Raiden project *WARNING IMAGE HEAVY* #25

Quick Makeup test for Raiden! The spirit gum holds the prosthetic in place really well so no problems there. Sorry about the piece on the left being uneven. The eyepatch pulls the other one in a bit so i will have to use some heat to bend the right one in a little. I think Raiden is going to need some mascara cause he has long lashes and I might dye the wig a tad darker. Also considering sticking metal eyelets onto my forehead where the markings are so they look more like screws.