mcgood69's 2014 Halloween Costume contest entry

mcgood69

Hi everyone,

Let me introduce myself I'm 45 and have making my own costumes for about 16 years. Some good some bad. I tried this one out and I thought it turned out pretty good so I wanted to show it off.

This is my entry. It started last year when someone posted a video of a dinosaur costume that was chasing people around at a office. I thought that was really cool and started to do research on it. There is a company in China (I think) that makes these for around $9000. I was determined to do this but had no idea where to start. Saw a video of the inside of one and decided I could do this for less. I started out using scrap lumber in my garage and it took of from there. The whole frame was really cheap (free) because I used all scrap wood and other things from around the garage.

Attachments

• 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 181
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 166
  • image (2).JPG
    image (2).JPG
    68 KB · Views: 161
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 173
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 185
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    219.1 KB · Views: 171
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    219.1 KB · Views: 189
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    217 KB · Views: 178
The hardest part of this build was coming up with a way to hang the canvas to make it look full. End up using plastic and cutting them up to support the canvas. The cost started here canvas about $40 and paint $25. I sure there where other little things but I cant imagine it being more than $40 so for a total cost of around $100 it turned out something like this.11.JPG12.JPG13.PNG

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back