After a couple months, I've finally finished my Amon Mask. I started it before the series debut, but didn't get around to finishing it until today, which is when the first season ended.
I loved the mask as soon as I saw it, I though it was cool, and very different from what I've done before.
It was sculpted in NSP clay and smoothed with Mineral Spirits. Then cast in Silicone, which didn't cure correctly. So I cleaned up the casting, threw out the rubber, dropped a layer of primer on the NSP and re-rubbered it. The rubber didn't cure again. I was getting frustrated. Then I realized that I hadn't stirred the giant 1 gallon bucket of Part B Rebound 25. So I stirred it up like a madman, and recast it and it was perfect.
Then another problem. I noticed a bit detail was wrong on the mask. So i cut the molds eyes out, fixed the eyes, and then remolded that one part by itself. (which lead to a useable, but ultimately messy casting that needs a fair amount of cleanup and sanding.
The mask turned out well, and I have a couple friends who want copies already. So I'm going to crank those out over the next week. However there are a few parts of it that aren't smooth enough. So it is very likely that I'll fix and smooth out this mask, and then re-mold it again with an improved version. I think people do that a lot. Although it seems a waste of a bunch of Rebound 25 and Plastipaste. But it would require less clean up and sanding if I ended up doing a bunch of these.
It fits ok on my face, but it will need some padding to fit comfortably. These pics here are of what I am thinking will be my display version, with another version I'm going to cast that can actually be wearable.
So yeah there it is, wasted a lot of rubber on it, and it turned out ok I guess.