Mark's shirt from Rent

Zeppo

Sr Member
I don't suppose anyone knows where a guy could find the shirt Anthony Rapp wears as Mark in Rent do they?

MarkCohen.jpg

I'd like to know also!

That is one constant between the movie and all of the different shows.

I saw it live on stage this past weekend, and that's one thing that really stuck out for me, was that Mark was wearing the same shirt.

As I look a lot like Anthony Rapp in real life, this would be a cool thing to have...and my Rent-head friends would squee (they're girls) :)

I echo the "I've been looking for one too" statement. Wanted to do it for Halloween last year, but couldn't get any leads.

Those look like the colours of West Ham United Football Club in the UK.

Doubtful that there's a direct link as the original (Broadway?) costumes were probably sourced in New York - but it might be worth looking in to.

Harry

I had a college buddy who did the national tour of RENT, and they custome make the shirt for each actor, even the understudies. I think I read somewhere that it was originally a found item from some shop in SOHO. Talk about something becoming, in a strange sort of way, iconic. Would definitely love to have one. I imagine a good seamstress could recreate it...

Yeah, I kinda thought they were made for the actors, and 11 years later I doubt they're something that can still be found in stores. Though I hold out hope that someone out there makes a replica of it :)

When I'm done with some current projects, and it gets to be more sweater weather (ha!) and that kind of fabric would be around more, I was thinking of tackling this (as in, begging mom to sew yet another project for me)

Yeah, I know, I think I'm knitting my own scarf, and just cutting up shirts for now, untill I find a less expensive one. :lol

I can assure you that the custom made ones they use for everyone on Broadway cost WAY more than $85!!

If you try to piece one together, just be careful not to stretch your seams as you sew - working with a loose knit like that shirt material is tricky. Especially since almost all of your seams will be going in the stretchiest direction of the fabric, around the sleeves and bodice.

Have fun and good luck!

Rick

PS - I'm sure you could all do better than that other reproduction - the proportions of the stripes are way off.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back